Chapter 14

damien.

Home is wherever I'm with you
**

I had just walked into the house after beating the cartel members to an inch from their life. I wouldn't kill them yet. I wanted our spitfire there with us when we ended their lives. Walking towards my office, I stopped in front of her room, hesitating before deciding to not disturb her. I stepped into my office, laying my suit jacket on the leather couch off to the side, before going to sit. I glance down and see a piece of paper that doesn't belong.

Damien and Gabriel,

Thank you for everything you've done for me.

It is time I returned back to my home.

With love,

C. xoxo.

I picked up the phone and called Gabriel. I was fucking fuming.

"What's up bro?" he asked, smiling on the other end.

"SHE'S FUCKING GONE GABRIEL!" I roared into the phone.

"What the fuck do you mean she's gone?!" he bit back to me.

I read him the note and told him to pick me up. She wasn't safe and if we were being honest with ourselves, we enjoyed her company.

Gabriel sped into the driveway, screeching to a halt as I jogged out to climb in the passenger side. We sped off towards her home.

As we pulled into her driveway, gunshots were heard. My heart stopped and panic ensued as we both jumped out of the car, guns drawn and ready to shoot. We followed the sound as it echoed off the trees until we came across her. She was standing in the middle of the clearing in her back yard, cigarette hanging from her lips as she fired shot after shot. When she had spent her bullets she dropped to her knees, an unearthly sob escaped her lips. She didn't even move when we approached her. Gabriel looked at me and I nodded in confirmation as we both wrapped our arms around her. Gabriel reached and lifted her against his chest as she let loose more sobs, crying into his shoulder.

My heart was shattering, watching this strong woman cry like she'd never cried before. Walking in through her sliding door, I locked it as Gabriel set her down on the counter, her cries slowing to almost nonexistent. She looked sad, exhausted and defeated. I watched her shoulders shake slightly. She looked so helpless and I couldn't handle it.

Gabriel cleaned her face up for her as she watched both of us. Her voice quivered slightly when she spoke, trying to keep her voice steady.

"What do you guys want from me?" she asked, darting her eyes between the two of us.

Fuck, she's beautiful.