17

jimin sat in his room, waiting for jungkook to get to his house. they had been dating for almost six months now, and the younger had been told by, the older that he was getting him a gift. he thought of all the things it could be. he also didn't want to assume as he knew he would be happy with anything his lover bought for him, even though he didn't expect him to buy him anything and even after an hour of trying to talk him out of it, jungkook still didn't give in and told him he would have gifts.

though this made jimin feel bad, he didn't have anything for jungkook. he didn't have any way of earning money, and he felt bad asking his parents for money as he knew he should have a job. so he sat on his bed while playing with his fingers, waiting for his boyfriend to arrive. he wasn't going to lie, he was extremely excited to find out what jungkook had gotten him. jungkook would be arriving at twelve, and yet jimin was sitting on his bed nervously at only ten.

a couple of hours later, a knock was heard at the door. jimin jumped up and looked in his mirror before fixing his hair and applying some gloss, he made a little squeak sound before running down the stairs, almost tripping but quickly regaining himself. he stood in front of the door and bit his lip before opening it. jungkook made his way in, a large bag in hand before leaning down and pecking his younger boyfriends lips.

"h-hi kookie." jimin said nervously, rocking back and forth on the balls of his feet.

"what's wrong?" jungkook asked, noticing immediately. he wrapped his right arm around just under jimin's butt before lifting him onto his hip and making his way up the stairs. the younger played with his fingers as they entered his room. the older placed down the large bag and sat down on the bed with his lover on his lap. "babycakes, please tell me."

jimin drew patterns on jungkook's chest and poked it a few times before looking up with a clear pout on his face. "y-you got me g-gifts, but i d-didn't get you any. i'm sorry k-kookie." he mumbled, sniffling softly.

jungkook chuckled and hugged the boy close to him, glad it was nothing serious. he had thought jimin had done something wrong or was generally hurt. "baby, i never asked you to get me gifts nor did i expect you to, this was a surprise. i have wanted to get you these things for some time now, so i wanted to get them and give them to you. don't feel guilty. i love you." jungkook softly smiled and jimin nodded before leaning up and kissing his boyfriend's cheek.

"i love you too kookie, i love you so much hyung." jimin smiled and hugged jungkook.

"i really want to give you your gifts baby, okay, i want to see your reaction." jungkook said excitedly and jimin nodded and climbed off him before sitting in the middle of the bed.

slowly jungkook pulled out multiple boxes, he took a small white one first – it was no bigger than his hand and then a black box, followed by a fancy red box with cursive writing, a clean white box, a black bag and lastly a small red box he shoved in his pocket. jimin's eyes widened, staring at all of the gift boxes. jungkook chuckled at his reaction and leaned down before pecking his lips, he then pulled back and motioned for him to open them.

gently, jimin reached forward and took hold of the smallest box. he gently opened it with excited eyes. jungkook studied his boyfriend's reaction, and his heart burst, seeing his eyes tear up, the younger stood from the bed and waddled over to the older before pulling him into a tight hug. jungkook chuckled and pecked his shoulder before allowing him to pull back with a huge smile. jungkook helped to put it on jimin's neck before he kissed where the chain was.

for a minute or so, jimin admired the necklace that had a mix of beautiful charms on it before sitting back down and carefully taking hold of the white box. with curious eyes he opened the bag. he giggled before putting out a large knitted oversized sweater along with a box of his favourite chocolates. jimin thanked jungkook who sat down behind him, wrapping his arms around his waist.