Chapter seventeen

Joel's p.o.v 23 June 2020

It is Tuesday and so far not much has happened. Both Joel and Dave were happy to get a break from all the drama that had happened in the last couple of weeks. Marzia had texted them last night and asked them if they wanted to video chat today. Of course, Dave and Joel had accepted. Marzia had also asked if she could also invite some of their other friends which they had agreed to. She had told them she'd ask Davie and his girlfriend and Jonas and Bianca.

Joel and Dave decided they'd work with the voices video today. Right now Dave is helping Joel with his costume. Today he is imitating 6ix9ine and has to draw some of his tattoos. Joel can sense Dave's annoyance and impatience with those stupid tattoos. He was drawing them and it took forever. "Did you have to dress up as everyone?" his boyfriend asks frustratedly. "Yea it makes it funny in a cringe way" Joel replies. Dave huffs but continues drawing with the sharpie. Finally, he finishes and Joel is ready to start recording. He's excited since these kinds of projects are his favourites but unfortunately, he doesn't have much time to make them. At least he didn't since he had started the daily uploads.

They spend a few hours on filming until Joel decides he probably isn't gonna get better at the impression. It actually sounds pretty horrible without the autotune 6ix9ine use. "I think we should get ready to speak with Marzia and Felix now," Joel says, running his hand through his hair. Dave can see he's frustrated with how bad the result turned out. Not that it mattered since they'd just auto-tune it anyways. Deciding not to comment on it Dave nods and helps him take the filming stuff down. After that Joel changes clothes and tries to get 'tattoos' away while Dave orders some take away for them.

It's a bit last minute since they'd agreed that they'd facetime at 6 pm and it's 17:53 now. They eat quickly before opening the computer and waiting for Marzia and Felix to call them. After a bit of waiting Marzia finally calls them and they quickly accept the call. "Hi, Dave and Joel!" Marzia greets them enthusiastically while Felix just waves. He seems just as tired as them. "Hi, Marzia and Felix," Joel says before yawning "sorry it's been a long day". "Yea," Felix says, running his hand through his hair. "By the way, Davie and his girlfriend couldn't talk today. Apparently Davie had planned something," Marzia says with a suggestive smirk. Then Jonas and Bianca joined them. "Sorry we're late guys we were out for a walk and forgot the time," Jonas says. "I swear everyone suddenly goes for walks even people that didn't use to" Joel mutters but Jonas hears it anyways. "Stop being so grumpy old man" He answers playfully. "I am NOT grumpy or old!" Joel says in the same tone. "Anyways how are you guys doing?" Bianca asks before Jonas can respond. "Fine thanks except my parents disowned me but whatever" Dave answers, not entirely convincing but the others let it slip. "This lockdown sucks" Marzia complains changing the subject. "I don't go outside anyway so I haven't been that affected by it," Joel says shrugging. The other nods in agreement. The rest of the evening flew by quickly. 

A/N: Sorry for the shitty chapter and the long wait