Chapter eighteen

Dave's p.o.v 24 December 2020

Half a year had passed since him and Joel had gotten together and Dave couldn't have felt better. After the thing with his parents and just generally Joel had made him visit a psychologist and it had really helped. Of course, he still had a long way to go but he had really made progress and actually felt quite proud of himself. Today is Christmas eve and due to the virus, they had decided to stay home. Hopefully, they'd be able to celebrate Christmas with Joel's parents next year but this was fine as well. Right now Joel is filming another video because he cares about his fans and maybe is a bit addicted to his job. While Joel is filming Dave decided to decorate the flat a bit cause why not? Right now he is decorating a small plastic Christmas tree he found somewhere in the flat. It looks a bit old and likes it could fall apart at any moment. It didn't matter to Dave because at least they have a Christmas tree. He finishes decorating it and just sits admiring his work for a bit. After a bit, he stands up and goes out to get his present for Joel to put next to the Christmas tree.

They had agreed on just giving presents to each other on Christmas eve since Joel had work tomorrow. Besides, that's the Swedish traditions and since they were gonna celebrate Christmas with Joel's family he might as well learn the traditions. Dave can hear that Joel is doing his outro now so he'll probably join him soon. It's late in the evening and when Joel finishes recording they'll order some takeout and just spend the evening together. After a few minutes of waiting, Joel joins him in the living room. "Phew finally finished! Now I can relax the rest of the day" he exclaims, throwing himself onto the nearest chair. Dave let out a short giggle at his boyfriend's behaviour. "You're so cute," Dave tells him, giving him a short kiss. Joel smiles at his boyfriend ruffling his hair. They share a laugh.

"What do you wanna eat tonight?" Dave asks Joel already, having his phone ready to order whatever his boyfriends want. "You" Joel answers smoothly, avoiding Dave's attempt at pushing him down from the chair. "You pervert!" Dave giggles. "Only for you baby" Joel smirks before pulling Dave onto his lap. Dave looks away, hiding his face that is red as a tomato from Joel. "Then I'll just order some pizza I guess" Dave mumbles quickly escaping Joel's strong arms. His boyfriend just laughs softly as Dave leaves the room to make the call.

After making the call Dave returns to the living room to find that his boyfriend had stolen all the chairs and was now sitting on them. "Now you have to sit on my lap" Joel teases, sending him an adorable smile. Well, two can play that game. "Maybe I'll just sit on the floor" Dave responds but sits down on his boyfriend's lap anyway. "You know you could always just have asked" Dave laughs. "Well that's not as fun as this," Joel responds, kissing him. After a few minutes of making out (ok maybe more than that), someone knocks on the door. "It's probably the pizza, I'll get it," Dave says going out to the door to get the pizza. After getting the pizza he returns to the living room. "We are not eating pizza on a tower of chairs standing on a table so please help me clean up your mess," Dave says.

Before they know it a few hours have passed with fun and a few makeout sessions (ok maybe more than a few). "I almost forgot! have a present for you," Dave says, getting the present he had placed next to the Christmas tree a few hours earlier. He hands Joel the present, the latter smiling at his boyfriend's kindness. Joel almost rips the paper off like an excited child. Dave has given him a really pretty necklace in silver. "Thank you," he says embracing his boyfriend "I also have something for you". Joel takes a small box out of his pocket handing it to Dave who immediately opens it. In the box, there's laying a beautiful ring in silver. Dave looks at the ring with a confused expression. Before he can say anything Joel takes the box with the ring and kneels down in front of him.

"I know it's very early in our relationship to propose but I know I want to be with you for the rest of my life. I want to spend every day with you by my side and I promise to be the best person I can possibly be for you. I want you to know that I love you and that I always will. Of course, we shouldn't marry right now but wait until after corona is gone. Then we'll hold the perfect wedding and invite whoever we want. Of course, it's okay if you don't want to get engaged yet absolutely no pressure at all" Joel says and Dave can see the fear of rejection in his eyes despite what he just said. "Of course I'll marry you!" Dave responds and Joel quickly puts the ring on his finger. "I'm so happy you said yes," Joel says, embracing his boyfriend, his voice breaking a bit. "Are you crying?" Dave asks his boyfriend who nods still hugging him. "I'm just so happy" Joel answers. "Yeah, me too," Dave says, hugging his boyfriend tighter.

A/N: Y'all ready for the wedding?