-kai-

Not His

Kai x reader

WARNINGS: mentioned miscarriage, violence

WORD COUNT: 797

Imagine being Kol's girlfriend and you sleep with Kai while on a break. You get pregnant and Kol figures it out and gets really mad. You show up and Kai's door with a bag after.

You were lounging on your and Kol's shared bed, reading while laying on your back. Kol was laying next to you on his side, just watching (more like admiring) you. Suddenly he heard another heart beat. That couldn't be right. No one else was home, there was no other noise. Suddenly his eyes raked down to your stomach and his anger seethed through his happy expression. "Y/n?" He asked, trying to stay calm. You looked up from your book and noticed what he was still looking at. Shit. You decided to stay quiet. "Why is there another heart beat? Coming from your stomach? Are you pregnant?" You swallowed. "Kol, don't be ridiculous. You know that can't happen." You tried to reason. He sat up, so did you - wanting to stay on the same level as him. "Y/n, you're pregnant. Whose is it?" You shook your head. "If I am it's yours."

He leant forward and grabbed your neck, speeding you over to the wall and pressing you against it. "WHOSE IS IT Y/N?" Tears threatened your eyes and you struggled to breath. "It's, K-Kai's." You chokes out. He slammed you into the wall as he let go, letting you fall to the floor. He walked away slightly and ran his hands through his hair, kicking a chair over and punching the mirror in frustration- shattered glass littering the bedroom floor. You shrunk back in fear. "When? How? Why?" He said, voice thick with anger and tears. Your own tears spilled over, running down your cheeks. "W-when we went on a break, about 2 months ago. I was drowning my sorrows in excessive amounts of bourbon at the grill and he started flirting with me, a-and well you can guess the rest." You said quietly, still scared at what he might do. He turned to look at you again. "Why?" He reiterated, voice cracking. "Anger, sadness, loneliness." You said weakly. 2 months ago you and Kol split up because he thought you were cheating on him - which you weren't - with Kai. Kai has been a good friend to you in helping you control your magic as you too were a siphon. Kol has mistaken the kindness and friendship as you being unfaithful and had broken up with you. A week later he came back to you and apologised profusely and you two got back together. Kol screamed, a heavy kick being delivered to your stomach.

The rain hammered against your skin as you stood outside the door to Kai's small house. You were only in jeans and a tank top, shivering and soaked in rain water. After Kol had kicked you out you didn't know where to go - the Salvatores had ignored you since you started dating Kol and doubted they'd give you any forgiveness or pity over Kai's baby. The door swung open as you tapped your knuckles against it. "Y/n?" Kai said shakily, taking in your tear-streaked red face, puffy eyes and shivering frame. You broke down into more tears and he pulled you into a hug, getting you out the rain. He shut the door with his foot and picked you up, taking you to the sofa and setting you down. He disappeared upstairs and returned with towels, blankets and some spare joggers and a t-shirt. He turned around and let you get changed, before sitting over on the sofa and pulling you into his arms. He stoked your hair until you calmed down. When you did he placed a kiss to your hair and asked, "what happened." You sniffed, tears threatening again. You turned you look at him. "I lot it kai. I lost the baby, he-he beat it out of m-me." Kai look confused, "why would Kol get rid of his baby?" You shook your head, "Not his, Kai. Yours." Kai sat there, dumbfounded. After a moment of silence he spoke up, "so Kol found out, figured out it wasn't him and what - beat the child out of you?" You nodded, starting to cry again. "Why?" He pressed on. You shook your head, "the reason we broke up in the first place was because he thought I was cheating on him, with you." Kai suddenly realised how bad that must've looked and pulled you back into his arms. "Shhhh, it's okay baby. We'll get through this. Shhhhh, you can stay here, okay?" He stroked your hair again and you nodded, melting into him and crying yourself to sleep.