Chapter 21

*Blake's POV*

Today's the day I'll be heading back home to California. I'll be facing my past again. Matt had called me and begged me to come home to California for that special someone's birthday. And of course I know who that special someone is.

Claire.

I am now in the airplane, ready for take off. But I keep on wondering....Is she still mad at me? Does she miss me? Have she moved on? Is she ok?

Those questions kept on replaying in my head during the whole flight. But I guess I'll find out when I see her again.

Tomorrow night.......
_____________________

*Claire's POV*

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

I was woken up by my brother Matt ,Sam,Jey,Karl, and the other guys.

Click

"What the....Matt!" I yelled grumpily as I heard a camera click.

"Happy birthday sis" he said sounding so innocent.

"Matt please no pictures in the morning" I begged and he obeyed by putting his phone back in his pocket.

Sitting up and stretching I said, "How did u guys get in my room? It was locked"

"It's this thing called 'spare key'. Ring a bell to ya" Sam said while holding up the spare key.

I shook my head a "yes" in response.

"Anyways get dress we're going to have a party later" Jey said as she grab my wrists and pull me up.

"Oh and we have a surprise" Karl said which made me jump out of bed.

I love surprises.

Yesterday flew by fast. All I did was try to talk to Alex but he never reply back and I've never heard from him ever since the other day. I really feel bad for letting him down but I just have to be honest about how I feel about him. It's better than lying and making things worst and complicated.

"We'll be downstairs get dress we're going shopping" Sam said and as for that they all left so I could be alone again.

I look at the clock and it's 10:30 am. I forced myself to get up and stand up on my own feet.
It took me 20 minutes to take a shower and get dress in all. I wore my gray skinny jeans,black beanie,gray sweater, and black converse.

I headed downstairs and straight in the kitchen to grab a sandwich Sam had made for me.

"Let's go" Jey said as she and Sam step out of the house while I followed.
_____________________
In no more than 40 minutes we finally reached the mall.

"Ok so me and Jey invited a lot of people for your birthday and it's themed black and white and people have to wear masks" Sam explained while we walk in forever 21.

"Damn why so fancy huh? It's not like it's my debut or sweet 16"

Seriously though. Why are they making my 21st birthday special?

"Well we have a special surprise for you ok? Now less questions more looking" Jey said as we all split up to look for our own dresses.

"Ok" I said under my breath.

In no more than 30 minutes we all picked our dresses. Sam have to choose one of the two dresses she picked while Jey already found hers.

"Hmm how's this?" Sam said as she got out of the fitting room.

She's wearing a dress that's mid-length, black coloured skirt, and white strapless laced top.

"Ohhh that's better than the other one. Pick that one" I said.

"Kay I love this dress too" and as for that she went back in the fitting room to change.

"How about you Jey what dress did u pick?" I asked.

"Hmm you'll see later on"

"Ok well I'll go try these on. Care to judge?" I asked while standing up picking up the three dresses.

"Sure"

After walking in the fitting room and locking the door, I picked on wearing the first dress my hand grasped on. After putting it on, I looked at the mirror. It has white shiny pearls for the waist line, black laced skirt and top.

I got out of the room to see what Jey would think about it.

"Hmm it's too formal and it's too black and lacy" Jey said while stroking her chin.

"What's too lacy?" Sam said as she sat down next to her holding her dress that's covered in plastic.

Then her eyes landed on me.

"Yeah shes right. It's too lacy"

Well they are right it is. Maybe the second one will work.

I went back in the room and stripped out the dress. Next, I put on the dress that my hand has grasped. Its a plain white silky dress that's above knee length, sweetheart on top, and a black ribbon tied around the waist line.

After getting out of the room Jey quickly spoke, "cute but too simple"

"Yeah but it's cute. It just needs a little bit of lace on it" Sam added.

I went back in the room and quickly strip off the dress. I put on the last dress that's left hanging on the hook and to be honest, I love it. For the skirt part, it's silky white. For the top, it's plain black and has a sweetheart lining on it . It has lacy sleeves that covers parts of my chest. It looks like the skirt is separated but it's not.

Getting out of the room I said, "how about this one?"

"I love it" Jey and Sam both gasp.

"I know right me too. I pick this one"
____________________
After buying our dresses, we drove home.

It's 3:00 pm and everyone's getting ready. The guys wore black and white tuxedos and ties. Their hair are neatly gelled. Just perfect as I say so myself since their hair aren't always perfectly gelled.

I am now in my room, putting my dress on and curling my hair. After that I put on some mascara,pink nude lipstick,and a bit of blush and concealer.
I put on the black 1 and a half inch black heels that Jey lend me. I looked at the mirror and damn is this me?

"Heyyyyy birthday girrrrl" I hear Sam said as she went in my room with her dress,loosely curled hair, and black feathered mask with rhinestones outlining it.
"Kate is here and everybody else. They're all in the backyard and some are still coming."

"Ok and damn why so formal and fancy thoughhh it's not my debut or sweet 16. Just tell me why?" I asked curiously while putting on my white feathered mask.

Locking arms with me she said, "It's a surprise now let's go"

I wonder what the surprise is.
*********************************
I'm getting lazy on continuing on. So maybe later I'll start with the next chapter. It will be sweet trust me. It will be.

Don't forget to vote and follow.

-❤️