Campaign Trail

WARNING: The Following has been Rated TV-14 for Drama, Violence, and Mild Suspense. Reader's Discretion is Advised.

Dr. Sam Beckett: (Narration) My name is Dr. Sam Beckett. It has been 25 years since I First Quantum Leaped. But now I'm back to change a few more things before I retire. Al has graciously agreed to be my Observer as I once again step into the accelerator to change history. So I once again find myself leaping from life to life to put right what once went Wrong. Only Question is... Where will I end up Next?

(Sam Leaps in)

Man: So what do you plan to do with the Country when you're elected, Mister Kennedy?

Sam: Umm... Can you repeat the Question, Sir?

Man: What do you plan to do if you're elected, Mr. Kennedy?

Sam: Well... Umm...  I'll... Give me a minute. (To self) Oh Boy...

(Theme Music Plays)

QUANTUM LEAP: THE NEXT LEAP

Starring

Scott Bakula

Lisa Ortiz

And Dean Stockwell

Based on the Original "Quantum Leap" Series created by Donald P. Bellisario

CAMPAIGN TRAIL

1968

Guest Starring

Ben Affleck as Sam's Mirror Image

Present Sam: (Narration) When I leap, It's usually in my own Lifetime. And I had leaped in the Middle of the 1968 Election as Robert Kennedy, John's Brother. I didn't know squat about politics, but I knew he was important and that he, Like John, was assassinated.

Sam: I will bring the Military home from Vietnam. (The crowd cheers) The incumbent president was not thinking when he sent us to a Country we don't know. Besides, I will reform Civil Rights policies, and continue to do the things Johnson did but better.

(Crowd Cheers as Al enters)

Man: No further Questions for Mr. Kennedy.

Sam: Al...  You have some explaining to do of why I'm here.

Al: Be patient Sam. Ziggy is working on it! The date is June 1st, 1968... You're in California... Your name is...

Sam: Robert F. Kennedy. John's Little brother.

Al: How did you know?

(Sam Shows his Mirror Image)

Al: Whoa... Now why you're here... Ziggy is still...

Sam: I know what happened. My Swiss Cheese memory knows that Bobby Kennedy like his brother was assassinated!

Al: Well sure Mr. Swiss Cheese Memory. I'll get back with you later.

(He exits)

Staff Member: Where to next, Mr. Senator?