|Day 1|

James

He's 15 minutes late. Typical.

He said to meet him at that stupid coffee place that just opened at eight sharp. I should've known his definition of sharp wasn't the same as mine.

I texted him for the tenth time, but some invisible force seemed to stop Kyle from being punctual.

I turned to the brunette waitress and ordered the first thing I saw on the menu.

If he doesn't show up before I finish my drink, I'm leaving.

I heard the door open, and the bell shook lightly. Almost automatically, I turned to see if it was him. But no, it was a blonde girl dressed all in black and a dark red coat over. I wonder if she isn't cold...

She leaned against the counter and looked at the clock on the wall. She looked nervous, but as she checked the time, her shoulders relaxed. Her face wasn't strange to me, but I couldn't quite place it.

She then called the waitress "Can I have a..." she scanned through the menu and then a small smile tugged on the corner of her lips "Blueberry Milkshake, please"

She sat two stools away from me, school bag dropped by her feet. She looked tense.

The waitress finally brought my drink along with the one the blonde ordered.

I reclined against the counter, looking at the news on the TV, making my drink last. So Kyle had time to get here before I let him deal with whatever issue he had by himself. He knows I hate waiting.

Five more minutes passed, my drink was more than finished, and I wasn't waiting any longer. I got up and left the place, the blonde still sitting on the counter.

I drove to uni because, in case Kyle forgot, I still had classes.

I got to my first class barely on time and hit someone along the way. The son of a bitch made me drop my stuff and even ran the hell out of there.

"You okay?" A guy asked, "That is what I call a good tackle"

"That was nothing," I replied as I grabbed the last of my books. "Trust me"

"Why? You used to play?"

"Sometimes"

He smirked. I don't have time for this "Cool, a rugby player. I'm Joshua by the way"

I didn't reply and kept walking to my class.

"Hey! That's rude! You aren't even going to present yourself?" He shouted, but I ignored "That's fine, I'll find out, anyway. See you later, sports player"

I sat down next to my friend Hailee, who hit my arm as soon as I got there

"Where have you been? I was looking for you. What happened to our study meeting?"

"Kyle happened"

She rolled her eyes. "Of course, how did I not know"

Avery

I'm late! Late on the first day of school!

I looked at the kitchen clock and ran out of the house, not even having breakfast.

I was going to text Courtney to see if any teacher had already arrived, but my phone was dead. Great, just great!

Come on! The day hasn't even started yet.

I ran to school, the freezing air infiltrating through my clothes. I should've dressed better.

I passed through the new coffee place that opened last weekend and, listening to my groaning stomach, I walked in to get something to eat.

As soon as I opened the door, a guy sitting by the counter looked at me and seemed very displeased when he saw me.

I went up to the counter and looked at the clock. It's not nearly the hour I thought it was. My watch must've been wrong.

I caught the waitress' attention. "Can I have a..." I looked at the menu and saw one drink I hadn't had in a while. "Blueberry Milkshake, please"

I finally sat down, two stools away from him, and relaxed a bit.

The guy had been staring at me for a while, jaw clenched as if he was mad at me, but then, when our drinks arrived, he turned to the TV, just watching the news and sipping his drink.

Mine was so cold it made me shiver. It didn't taste the same as Misha's, but it wasn't bad.

I sighed and tried to keep myself awake. Hell, I'm so tired! I needed at least more 3 hours to sleep. And starting the year with Bio and Miss Thomas is not a good omen.

I sat just there, not doing anything, just savouring my drink and at some point, I noticed I had to go or I'd be actually late.

I got up and noticed the other guy had already left. Sadly, he was quite the view.

Hell, here I come.

And it wouldn't be a new year if half of the students weren't still outside, avoiding entering hell.

"Hey, Avery!" Parker called, and I met him by the gates. "Where were you? I've been calling you all morning?"

"My phone died," I said as I leaned my head against his shoulder. I'm so tired.

His arm snaked around my waist, and he rested his chin against the top of my head.

"I don't want to go to school," I complained.

"We could skip"

"Or you could both get your asses to class and not leave me all alone," Courtney interrupted "'Cause, you know, I exist too, it's not just your dear boyfriend"

"Sorry, love," I told her and enlaced my arm on hers. "Let's go face the evil demon. By Parker!"

"You always ditch me," he complained.

I laughed "Then don't let me!"