Evening the Odds

Monday Night RAW

3rd Person POV

Adrienne and Jason make their way into the arena through a secret entrance management suggested they use. In order to keep Adrienne's return a surprise, they gave her a personal locker room. As to why Jason is there with her, well the reason is quite simple: Adrienne doesn't have a ride and Jason does. They figured since they are going to be riding together from now on, they could start today. Only Adrienne, Jason, and Kurt know where the locker room Adrienne will be using is.

Kurt: Welcome back to RAW, Ember.

Adrienne: Thanks, Kurt.

Jason: Wait, should I call you Ember or Adrienne?

Adrienne: At work, call me Ember. Outside of work, you could call me either one.

Jason: Got it, Ember.

Adrienne laughs a little before they all head to the locker room she will be using for tonight.

Jason: Woah. Nice room.

Adrienne: I could get used to this.

Kurt: Well it's only for tonight. Unless you two plan on surprising the roster all the time. Then this could be yours permanently.

Jason: Looks like we'll have to keep surprising people then.

They all chuckle a bit before Jason and Kurt head out of the room to allow Adrienne to change into her alter ego, Ember Moon. Just before Jason leaves the room, Adrienne says his name.

Adrienne: Jason! Wait.

Jason, turning around in the doorway: What's up?

Adrienne, hesitating: ...I'll see you out there.

Jason, confused: Yeah. See ya out there.

While getting ready, Adrienne texts her best friend, Lexi.

Lexi: Have you asked him yet?

Adrienne: No. I almost did, but I got nervous.

Lexi: Nervous? Why are you nervous?

Adrienne: Because I looked him in his eyes and I stopped thinking for a second. Which felt like an eternity btw.

Lexi: I get it. When the time is right, you'll know if you should ask him or not.

Adrienne: Ok. Thanks Lex.

Lexi: Anytime bestie. I gotta go now. My segment is starting.

A knock at the door brings Adrienne out of her thoughts.

Adrienne: Who is it?

Jason: The only person who knows that you're in here.

Adrienne, in between laughs: Come in.

The 6'11" reaper walks through the door dressed in his newer ring gear. It consists of his old attire, but the normal shirt he wore is replaced by an all black, Roman Reigns style vest. In the center of the vest is a black Undertaker cross. Jason is wearing his leather trench coat and has his hat in his hands.

Jason: I brought one of the people from makeup to help you if you need it. I'm sure putting those contacts in can be a pain.

Adrienne: Sometimes they can be. Thanks, Jace.

Jason: No problem, Ember.

The resurrected American badass flips his hat in his hands before putting it on. Adrienne just watched him before he walks out of the room and the woman from makeup he asked to help Adrienne out.