Fake Tears III

Narrator: Marcus Stone

Chapter 16

"Got any good stories?" Cheryl asked me.

"Depends on what kind of story you want?" I responded.

Cheryl thought for a moment and that's when her eyes lit up.

We were making our way up the hill but a story would slow us down. However, I couldn't tell her no, that smile was infectious. She could also give me information in return. It was a good idea in every way.

"What do you want to know about?" I asked her.

"How about your most interesting case?" she responded.

I decided to tell her about a mission I had about ten years ago. It was a burglary at O Malley Mansion. What the thief took was odd if I remembered what happened correctly.

The thief only took one thing which was a portrait of Lilian O'Malley at seven years old. It was impossible to find the perp because they had used some type of mirror magic to obscure the cameras. The case remained unsolved to this day.

When Cheryl heard all this, she giggled.

"Thanks for telling me this, we're here!" Cheryl responded.

As we arrived on the hill, someone was waiting for us. It was a woman in a dark cloak with her face obscured. She gave a wild evil laugh and pulled out what seemed like a red lightsaber.

"Hello there!" the girl said.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"I know who he is," Cheryl snarled.

"He?" I gasped.

"I'm Penelope and it's sad we won't be able to talk much..." the cloaked girl said.

"Why's that?" I asked.

"You'll already be dead!" she told me with a psychotic grin on her face.

We were in for a fight...