Epilogue

Narrator: Chad

Epilogue

I waited for my train at the station with Henrietta. Everything seemed normal until I heard a voice.

"Hey mister, I'm lost," a little girl said.

She wore a pink t-shirt and jeans and had braids. The girl couldn't be more than ten years old. I told Henrietta to wait for me while I helped her out. The little girl led me into a nearby parking garage. If she was going to rob me, I would easily fend her friends off.

"I don't see your parents anywhere," I told her.

However, the girl had changed her look. Her outfit was now a black dress and her white-blond hair was no longer braided. Who was she?

"I'm Nursery Rhyme, the elder god of imagination," she told me.

"What do you want with me, O great elder goddess?!" I joked.

"You're my boys' dinner," she responded.

"Dinner?" I asked her.

That's when two boys sprung out of nowhere. They looked ragged with matted brown hair.

"I promised my boys a nice meal before we get to Highgrave," she laughed.

"I'm gonna call for help!" I told her.

"In a few moments, nobody will remember you anyway," Nursery Rhyme cackled.

The two boys jumped on me. They opened their mouths and it was like I didn't exist anymore...

To be continued in Balancing Act #6: Jack and Jill

coming Jan 2, 2021