Chapter 5

"Hey Baek it's time to get up now. I rang your job and they said it was ok that you miss today" Baekhyun rubs his sleepy eyes as he sits up in the bed looking at his friend who is looking at him with a sad face. "Why are you so sad this morning has something happened?" Baekhyun is feeling rather worried now as his friend is usually so full of life. "The van will be here soon. We have to go to your old place and pick what you're keeping up" Luhan knows today is going to be a nightmare for his best friend but he knows it has to be done and that by the end of the night he will be on a date with Chanyeol. "I better get up then '' Baekhyun pulls back the covers as Luhan looks on worried. "You will be fine today. I am with you and also I asked Sehun to help us if that is ok?. He can carry the heavy stuff "Luhan watches as Baekhyun walks out of the room not saying anything as he hears that bathroom door close. Lowering his head he knows he needs to turn this day into something better for Baekhyun. "Hearing the shower turn on he sneaks out of the apartment and up the stairs to the next floor.

"Hey Luhan, what has you up here this early?" Kai smiles from his open apartment but it soon fades as he sees the look of panic on Luhan's face. "I need a favour" Luhan steps inside as Kai walks closer to him. "Sure is everything ok?"

"Baekhyun has to go and collect some things he gets to keep from his old apartment. I know you are busy but I was wondering if you could help us get the stuff up the lift when we get here?" Luhan starts to get more nervous and Kai can see this so he just agrees. "Of course I can. I can ask Chanyeol too if you like?" Luhan starts to bite his lip with nerves as he begins to pace the floor knowing Baek wanted to do all this alone without many knowing. "Yes please if you can, we will need the help. Thank you Kai I owe you one" Luhan hurries out of the apartment and down the stairs into his own, closing the door behind him.

*

Meanwhile upstairs a worried Kai is now calling Chanyeol

"Hey Kai what's wrong now?"

"I need a massive favour Chanyeol"

"I was going to tell you off but by the tone in your voice I can tell something is wrong, so spill"

"Luhan came up here in a panic asking could if I help them move Baekhyun's things in when they arrive"

"So what the big deal?"

"I'm not sure, Luhan seemed on edge and that guy looked like he was in great form the other day. Just today I can tell something is up"

"Maybe he is just having a bad day Kai you know people can't be happy all the time"

!I know that, it's just something he said"

"What he say ?"

"He said they were collecting stuff that Baekhyun gets to keep from his old apartment "

"Oh, it sounds like a breakup or he is just moving out from a shared apartment no big deal"

"Look I know something isn't right so can you come over today and help?" 

"Oh Kai really , fine ok I'll be over in a hour how's that?"

"Thanks Yeol"

"No problem see you soon"

Hanging up the phone Kai continues opening the last few boxes he had packed as he waits for his delivery to arrive.

**

"Ok I am fed and watered and ready to do this" Baekhyun fixes his jumper and sits on the sofa putting his runners on as Luhan watches as if Baekhyun is going to break. "Luhan, why are you being so low today?" Luhan takes a seat beside his friend hugging him. "I know today will be hard but I rang Mason and asked that he wouldn't be there so we can get what you want without him around". Luhan lets his friend go hoping he just hasn't started an argument. "That's a great idea thank you and please stop worrying about me Lulu. I did nothing wrong in this relationship. I can walk with my head high knowing it wasn't me but him. So no more worrying and lets get this over with" Baekhyun fix's his runners as they both stand up. "Hey I'm proud of you" Luhan squeezes his friend's hand as Baekhyun smiles back. "I'm proud of myself too".