Prologue

It was the afternoon at live house CiRCLE. In the live house, there was only one staff member working there, she who was also the manager running the place.

She was a young woman with short black hair and pink eyes. She wore a blue and white striped shirt with a black cardigan over it and blue jeans.

The woman was getting the live house ready to be opened and used by bands interested in staying over.

"Okay... Equipments are set. Lobby is clean. Food and drinks at the cafe are ready. All that's left is to officially open the place," she said to herself.

Just as she went to open the doors and flip the sign, she found a teenage girl standing right outside.

"Ah! Welcome to-" she cut off her greeting upon taking a look at the customer's appearance. If she could even call the girl that.

The person standing before her was a timid-looking girl with snow white hair and pink eyes, wearing a brown shirt with a green jacket over it, black pants, and dark brown boots. Her white bangs concealed her right eye, and resting on top of her head was a black gatsby.

The thing that stood out most about this girl was her worn out bag on her back, and a luggage by her side

The woman assumed the girl might be new around town and asked, "Are you lost? Do you need help getting to some place?"

The girl didn't answer. If anything, she just took a step back, looking at the older woman in fear. This caught the woman even more off guard as she then asked, "Um... hey. Are you okay? Do you want to make a call?"

Again, no answer came. Instead, the timid girl reached into her bag and took out a sketchbook. She opened it up and flipped to a page before handing it to her, in which the woman took in her hands.

"Are you Tsukishima Marina?" it read.

The woman, Marina, looked back at the girl in wonder. How did this girl know her name?

"Yes, I'm Marina," she nodded in confirmation.

The girl pointed to the book and made a gesture for her to turn to the next page. While confused as to why the girl didn't just say what she wanted herself, Marina did as requested and turned to the next page of the book.

"My name is Suzuki Shizuka. You may know my mother, Suzuki Shion?" Upon reading the names, Marina looked at her with widened eyes.

"Shion-chan? You're Shion-chan's daughter?"

The girl, Shizuka, only nodded at the question and gestured back to the book. "Due to unfortunate circumstances, I've been going around from different foster homes until my father's lawyer found my parent's letter, stating that you were to be my guardian should anything happen to them."

Marina didn't need to ask to know what she meant by what was written on here. She recalled the last time she saw Shion and her husband, especially how her friend had made the request to look after her daughter if anything happened to her and her husband. Marina had assumed she meant it in a way that they'd be too busy with work and that she'd be Shizuka's babysitter or guardian and accepted. But this was what she meant that time? No, that couldn't be.