Chapter 19

Part 19

~•~•~

It remains a mystery but now I have clues. Sana makatulong ito sa aming dalawa.

"The reason why you rejected me, the reason why Oleanders hate me," nanigas si Kaizon, hinihintay ang sunod kong sasabihin, "You can't speak of it." Dahan-dahang tumango si Kaizon. I felt a bit of relief, but still, that's not the end. Hindi lang 'yon ang nadiskobre ko. "A curse is forbidding you from speaking about it."

Tila nabawasan ang bigat na pinapasan niya nang siya ay sumagot, "Yes."

Inalala ko ang lahat ng alam ko tungkol sa mga pureblood werewolves na kagaya niya, and through these information, I started the process of deduction. They are rare because werewolves' birth are rare. His parents are also therefore purebloods, a son and a daughter of a rare werewolves' birth. Sa mga purebloods lang diretsong napapasa ang dugong taong-lobo. Unlike the non-purebloods, they don't require a lycan syrup injection to become a werewolf. Similar to Alekxus lineage, Kaizon's lineage stems from purebloods generation after generation.

I can also therefore assume that all of his direct relatives has a similar curse.

"There's something wrong with the first Oleander werewolf." I voiced my conclusion out loud.

"Yes." kumpirma ni Kaizon.

The first...

The First!

Nanlaki ang mata ko. The person from the council earlier, the one who called me 'sister,' he called me 'The First.' It is self-explanatory based from that term alone. I am the first of my kind, whatever we are called, and that person from the Council comes later after me. Something really happened to me on that riverside!

Non-purebloods in order to be a werewolf are injected with a lycan syrup. Sinong gumawa ng syrup na 'yon?

Possible rin kaya na may nag inject sa akin habang ako ay walang malay ngunit iba ang formula nito? If it is the same lycan syrup, I would have turned into a non-pureblood werewolf too but that's not what happened.

"Ah, Detective Red," biro ni Kaizon, mukhang maayos na siya dahil may gana na siyang magbiro, "Long time no see. I miss you terribly." Hindi ko na lang pinansin.

Back to this puzzle I'm internally solving, can I also assume that the first Oleander, did he also receive the first injection of lycan syrup?

If this curse comes from the lycan syrup itself, specifically, the lycan syrup injected on Kaizon's ancestor, ibig sabihin may mali sa formula nito. It's possible that it's not yet the perfected version.

"Kilala mo ba kung sino ang unang Oleander?"

Umiling si Kaizon, "No, but there's someone from the Council, he possess the air of a higher up, he called himself as my predecessor."

These clues that we have right now aren't enough to solve the entire puzzle yet, but at least, we know where to start.

"While we hunt for the murderer of your werewolves, let's also pay the Council headquarters a visit."

Alam panigurado ng Council kung sino ang lumikha ng lycan syrup. We would also be able to talk to this person Kaizon is referring to.

Tumaas ang kilay ni Kaizon. Ngayon lang ako nakakita ng lalaking komportableng nakaluhod at mukhang nagsisimula ng i-enjoy ang posisyon niya.

"You will...help me?" tanong niya.

"No one deserves to suffer like that, and don't be mistaken, I'm doing this mostly for myself. I want answers and I hate puzzles I couldn't solve."

This is Red Hood speaking, not Redemption, and Red Hood helps people, personal issues set aside.

Kaizon grinned at me and he started rubbing his cheeks on my thighs na parang pusang nanlilimos ng attensyon. Kumunot ang noo ko sa inaasta niya.

"Does he know this side of you yet?" Kaizon asked.

"Who are you referring to?"

"Oxalis' heir. Have he seen this side of you, Red?"

Anong punto niya? "There hasn't been a chance." As Red Hood, my missions are my own to solve. My love for investigations and their corresponding deductions help a lot in the success of my goals. "I work by myself." At noong kami pa ni Kaizon, he would entertain me in his tower by gifting me with puzzles, mystery books, and all sorts of conspiracy theories of unsolvable crimes in history.

Mas lumaki ang ngisi ni Kaizon na para bang binigyan ko siya ng paborito niyang catnip.

Wait, catnips are for cats like lions.

This is a werewolf.

But he look like a werewolf who would love a catnip too.

"You look so comfortable down there." sarcastic na pahayag ko.

Mas lalo lang siyang pumulupot sa hita ko, "I am comfortable. Thank you."

The nerve of this guy, "You're mistaken if you think I have forgotten what you did, Kaizon. I still hate you for all of them."

He looked up to me with puppy eyes.

Uhm, Kaizon with puppy eyes?

Who are you and what did you do to the Kaizon I knew?

"I know, Red, but I'm going to be here for you anyway. Anything for you, my love."

"Don't call me that."

"My detective then. Oh!" Kaizon looked as if a light bulb has turned on in his head. "I'm hiring you as my detective! You will help me remove this curse, and if successful, I'm going to pay you very generously!"

"Saan ka nakakuha ng ideya na nagpapabayad ako?"

He just grinned again, "Stop complaining. You can always use the money to finance your other missions as Red Hood."

My walls built specifically for this man kind of soften because of that. That statement is so similar to what the Chrysanthemum Luna had said.

Pero naalala ko lahat ng ginawa niya and my walls turn solid again.

"So, what do you think, my detective?" tanong ni Kaizon.

Tinitigan ko siya ng matagal. Unbelievable, Kaizon had turned into a well-behaved puppy.

"Tumayo ka na diyan, ako ang nangangalay sa'yo, or else, sisipain na kita."

Kaizon's playful stare turned smoldering. It reminds me of the way Alekxus looked at me when we-time out! Don't go there, don't! The combined thoughts of these two pureblood werewolves made my cheeks heat up.

"How brutal. You're turning me on, my detective."