Thursday 6th December [Marinette]

"It's so hard to get used to normal clothes again." Marinette looked in the mirror turning side to side. She'd made a new dress for the interview. Maroon with a pink silk bow at the front in the middle. The dress was mid length and she supported it with thick black tights, a long length pink cotton coat and her pink scarf.

"Marinette you look wonderful." Tikki, being as supportive as always came to her wielders side showering her with compliments and gushes. She knew Marinette was nervous about this. It was obvious, what Tikki was yet to get out of her holder was whether the nerves came from the job at stake or the male ex-model she was about to reconnect with.

Ding!

"He's text again, Tikki." The smile on her face was second to none. For some reason Marinette now found herself enjoying texting this person and interacting with them. There was just something so right and so natural. She'd never felt this free before.

Tikki however knew exactly why Marinette was enjoying her correspondence with this 'unknown male', and she believed it had something to do with it being Marinette's long time crush, partner, best friend, school mate, soul mate ... etc. The list was endless.

Good luck today, I'll keep everything crossed for you. Including my eyes.

Marinette let out a chuckle as she text her thank yous back, suddenly feeling a lot more relaxed than she did five minutes ago. She gave herself one last look over, an extra spray of perfume and then nodded. She was ready. Ready to see Adrien and hopefully persuade him to give her a job.

As Marinette stepped down into the bakery she noticed her parents huddled in a quiet chatter to each other.

"I'm off now." Marinette spoke making the Dupain-Cheng's jump apart.

"You look lovely honey." Sabine pulled herself together quickly and made her way over to gush at her daughters stunning outfit.

"Thanks Maman." Marinette placed a soft kiss on her mother's cheek before moving towards her father.

"If Adrien doesn't give you a job then tell him he's no longer welcome for dinner." Marinette smiled at her big Weredad and gave him a kiss on the cheek too.

"I doubt you'd give him up that easy."

Tom looked thoughtful for a moment.

"You're right. I'd just starving him of his favourite croissants for a week." Laughing again she took her father into her arms. Engulfing him in a large hug. Adrien had still been a frequent visitor, yet Marinette made sure she stayed out the way.

"I love you, Papa." Tom stroked down his daughters hair before placing a kiss on her temple. He couldn't understand how she'd grown into this amazing woman, who definitely didn't need his help.

He sighed and made his way to his wife, both watching as their superhero daughter went out to get her first real job. She never failed to amaze them. They just wished she didn't have to grow up so quickly.

As Marinette stepped out the metro station she took a deep breath. This was it. She was seeing not only her best friend but also, hopefully, taking a giant step towards her future.

She entered the 'Agreste' building and for the second time that week was in awe at the floor to ceiling windows and, black and green colour interior. She looked around and noticed the change in the logo. It was oddly familiar with its circles and sharp lines. She felt like she'd seen it before and it meant something to her. A bit like her brown dress.

"Oh hello again." An older lady walked over to her and Marinette recognised her from her first trip into this building.

"Ms. Janice, is it?"