Christmas Eve

Marinette turned to the right and the left, looking at her dress in the mirror. She'd made the dress herself, only just finishing it this afternoon. The nerves were truly getting to her. Tonight there would be no secrets left, everything would be out in the open for them to do with what they pleased. Adrien and Marinette, Ladybug and Chat Noir. Two souls becoming one. She breathed out a deep breath she'd been holding since she'd placed the dress on. It needed to be perfect. She'd already been to the hairdressers and the salon to make sure her hair and make up was perfect.

The dress was designed with Chat Noir in mind. A black floor-length gown with a slit up the one leg. Long sleeves and perfectly fitted. The off the shoulder design went into a sweetheart across her chest with an intricate lace detailing on the back. She hoped so much that he liked it.

Her hair had been curled on the lengths and left to hang loose. Two sections had been taken from the front and clipped around the back, with a diamond hairpin. She felt like a Princess.

She sat on her chaise and slipped her feet into her shoes as Tikki came over and settled on her shoulder. As Marinette criss crossed the strings up her ankles she couldn't help voicing her thoughts to the one thing that had always been there for her. For the one little entity who knew her better than herself.

"What if I'm wrong Tikki? How about if I've completely misread the signs and made Chat into Adrien, because, honestly, I wouldn't be able to choose between them."

"You're overthinking again, Marinette. Whatever happens, you will deal with it! You always do. If it is Adrien then great, but if it's not you still have an incredible bond with a guy you admit you love. You just need to go with your heart tonight, rather than your head."

Marinette nodded to Tikki's words and closed her eyes. She couldn't believe after six years this was finally happening, and it could go down as one of the best days in her life.

"Marinette, the limo is here for you," Sabine shouted up to her daughter, knowing that this evening was going to change her life. Adrien had been a bouncing bundle of life the day he'd come around to ask for permission to propose to Marinette. They were so happy their daughter had found her other half, her soul mate, her partner. Now all they need to do was make sure she made it to the ball on time.

Adrien stood with Plagg hovering next to him. He was doing the bow tie to compliment his suit. A sleek black design from the latest 'Agreste' range.

"Looking good Casanova." Adrien flapped a hand at his kwami.

"I've never felt so nervous in my life. Honestly, I think I'm going to be sick."

Plagg laughed at Adrien's dilemma. He knew there was no need to be nervous but that didn't mean he couldn't play for a while. There was no doubt in his little kwami mind that this time next year he'd be home with the soon to be Agreste's eating the softest, melted cheese balls snuggled up to his Sugar Cube.

"You're being a bit dramatic, kid! If she say's no there are plenty of other girls out there that will say yes so no sweat."

"You think she'll say no?" Adrien was feeling his temperature begin to flare. If she said no that what would he do? That would be the end of his company, the end of Chat Noir, and, even more importantly, the end of his heart.

"Seriously, next millennia I want a less idiotic holder. As much as I love you, Adrien, you're a moron! And I mean that in the nicest possible way."

Adrien scoffed as he finished his bow tie and placed on his jacket. There was only one more thing to do before he left. Walking over to his dresser he pulled out the Tiffany blue box and opened it up. Inside sat the most perfect 2-carat diamond round VVS1 D Colour ring. It had taken him a while to figure out the most perfect ring for the most perfect woman. As he held the box up to his bedroom spotlights, the diamond glittered around causing a sprinkling of dots against the wall in his room.