Saturday 8th December [Marinette]

Marinette opened the door to the very tired eyes of Alya. She swore this girl wasn't sleeping at all, and not just because of the baby.

Adrien and Marinette had decided that this morning they were going to find their intel. They were going to find out as much as possible from the desired parties before they began operation 'Kiss-mass'. With Adrien making another appearance at the bakery this afternoon, Marinette had precisely four hours to get what she needed out of Alya.

Marinette had thought long and hard over night, thinking about how she wanted to play this. There were a number of questions her best friend had yet to answer. Number one, if she knew it might not be Nino's why was she keeping the baby? Number two what was the argument about?

Speaking on the phone to Adrien last night pulled up two possibilities, firstly the argument was something horrendous therefore any type of reconciliation would be impossible and secondly, that they can help the two push past their differences, and if the child was Nino's help him accept that and hopefully the two could at least be civil for the sake of their child.

"Hey." Alya greeted Marinette by falling into her arms. How Marinette wished she could take away the pain for her friend.

"Hey yourself, are you sleeping at all?" Alya let out a laugh, but it didn't reach anywhere near her eyes.

"The baby's very active in the evening, and I can't sleep in the day. I'm still working freelance to try and get some money together ready for when the baby arrives."

Marinette looked her friend over and shook her head. She should not be doing this to herself.

"Alya, anything ... and I mean anything I can do for you please let me know."

Alya nodded and wrapped Marinette into a huge hug.

"Before we begin discussing my horrendous situation, how was seeing Sunshine boy again?" Marinette laughed at the nickname remembering Adrien's response to it on Thursday at their meeting.

"It was great. He's still amazing and I'm still obsessed. Seriously, it's completely messed me up. I came back ready to let Chat into my heart and finally settle down with someone I love, then boom! Welcome back super handsome and super buff Adrien Agreste. Geez, what has he been doing since I was away?"

Alya smiled at her friend knowing exactly what she meant. Adrien was no longer the lean teenager with slight muscle, he was now full on cut. However, the main point of the conversation didn't push past her best friend.

"You want to be with Chat Noir? Romantically?"

Marinette sighed. She was glad she had someone to talk to about this as it was driving her insane.

"Yes, Alya. Chat Noir and Ladybug will finally be a couple ... I think ... but then Adrien and grrrrrr ..." Marinette sits down on the couch grabbing a pillow and covering her face so she can scream.

"Have you stopped to think whether Chat has a girlfriend? You've been away for almost a year. He might have found a new bug."

Marinette shot her head to look at her friend.

"Do you think he has? Oh my - what if he has? Then we'll never get married and have a team of mini superheroes."

"I'm sure it'll be ok girl." Alya let out a chuckle and Marinette couldn't help but smile at her best friend finally showing some of her teenage sass.

"You and Chat Noir are meant to be. I mean look at the two of you. Running around in tight fitting clothing, grabbing onto each other in a very more than just friends way and he puts his life on the line for you constantly. I doubt he would move on without seeing you again."