Saturday 15th December [Adrien]

As he faced the Eiffel Tower he could feel the steady breathing of the beautiful girl next to him. There was still something that pulled her to Chat Noir more than Adrien, and he couldn't understand why? He was trying hard in his civilian form but she just wasn't as comfortable yet.

He'd received a text Friday afternoon once Marinette had gone home, from "Ladybug". She was desperate to see him and she had seemed a little broken as the conversation advanced. He couldn't understand why though? He'd been with her most of the day and even after her run in with Nino she'd seemed fine.

As soon as he landed on the rooftop behind her, it took her approximately two seconds to throw herself around him, sobbing into his arms.

It seemed the whole altercation with Nino had effected her more than she had let on to Adrien. She told him everything, including spending the night with Adrien Agreste in a shared bed. Obviously he already knew all of this, but still it shocked him to hear the sheer hurt she felt by Nino. All he could do was listen and give reassurance. Not that it was much help.

She had blamed herself. She had blamed herself for not being with Luka, and for going after him (as Chat) instead. She even mentioned that Adrien had more of a chance than Luka, fulfilling much of his own desire. She just couldn't be with someone she didn't love, though if it helped her friends perhaps she should have.

"He's right you know, everything Nino said was right. This is all my fault. I just up and left. No one had an idea. Not even you! I'm the worst, I don't deserve friends. I am so selfish."

"Woah! Slow down bug. It wasn't great what you did, actually let me rephrase, it wasn't ideal what happened but it was out of your hands. However not one of them spoke to your parents after you'd been gone a month, they all just stopped. I know for a fact your parents had information and I spoke to them a few times, I was only one of two asking. So don't you blame yourself! They could have asked questions and shown they cared as much as you always do."

"You don't get it through! If I'd just stayed and been with Luka none of this would have happened."

"You can't make yourself love someone Mari. Just like everyone else in the world you deserve whole hearted happiness." He kissed her gently on the forehead, savouring the feel of being able to freely place his lips on her.

"I did like him though, it's just no one can match up to you." Her big bluebell eyes met his and he fell into their trance. He could see the lights of Paris reflecting in her clear Iris'.

"You have no idea how long I've waited to hear you say that." Chat sighed out. He really had. Regardless of Kagami and his many blind dates, nothing matched to her. Ladybug, Marinette, were in a league above anyone else and he loved her immensely.

"Then why can't we be together." She whined. He placed a delicate kiss on her nose, enjoying the feeling of kissing her face. Her skin was as soft as silk and she smelt divine. He sighed before he spoke.

"Listen, M'lady. I understand wanting to know each other. I've spent most of my teenage years dreaming about you, but something just doesn't feel right yet. I want you to be as comfortable with me in both my forms as I am with you. I know this is annoying, but I also know it will be worth it. Tearing down the bricks of the wall one by one. I just hope you don't hate me when you find out who I am."

"I could never hate you kitty. You're my most favourite person in the whole world."

It was now two o'clock in the morning. They'd been talking for six hours about everything and anything. Only there was one piece of conversation he had been ignoring. The text message from Thursday night.

When she had woken up the following morning and had forgotten all about it, he seriously thought he'd won the lottery. He didn't want her to figure it out just yet. He wanted her to continue developing her comfort around him as Adrien. He was smitten with her and one thing for sure was there was no way he was losing her.