Thursday 20th December [Marinette]

Marinette sat holding Alya's baby girl, still unnamed, as her best friend slept. They'd started her on a course of citalopram and hopefully, in a few days, she should begin to feel a little more capable and stable. She'd been put on a watched ward so nurses were always around.

"Silent night, holy night
All is calm, all is bright
'Round yon virgin Mother and Child
Holy infant so tender and mild
Sleep in heavenly peace
Sleep in heavenly peace."

Marinette was singing to the baby girl unknowingly being watched by Adrien standing just outside the doorway. He wasn't meant to see her today but hearing her voice pulled him to find her. She was like a siren to him. He couldn't help himself. She had no idea that he was there and he intended on keeping it that way. He added the therapist to the visitor's list for Alya before leaving.

Their first counselling session was due the previous day, however, Nino had managed to work himself into an awful state and they had to postponed to today.

"Marinette?"

Marinette turned her head to check on the voice speaking to her.

"Good morning sleepy head." Marinette giggled as she greeted her friend.

"Oh! She's been bought back." Alya sat up and gestured for Marinette to place the tiny girl in her arms. Giving Alya one look over she concluded that she looked stable enough to hold the baby.

As Marinette arrived at the ward that morning a nurse explained to her that Alya was struggling more than she had the previous day. They were still allowing Alya to breastfeed however this would only be whilst supervised by someone, Marinette knew Alya wouldn't hurt the child but due to the way she had been acting since arriving at the hospital, there was no choice.

The small child was now mixed fed between breast and bottle. When Marinette had told them that a therapist would be coming in to see her they were in complete agreement. In awe at how fast they had managed to get this set up for their friends.

Marinette slowly and gently positioned the baby girl into Alya's arms. The little bundle of joy began to coo at the proximity she now was to her mother. As much as Alya was struggling she was trying her hardest to get her daughter to bond with her, and it seemed to be working.

"Off you go to Mummy little one."

Instantly Alya placed her lips upon her baby's forehead and snuggled her against her chest.

"I want to talk, but not about the baby or Nino. I want an adult conversation. I want to hear about someone else's problems. Like your love life. Please tell me what's happening between you and Adrien."

Marinette smiled, this was her old friend talking and she completely understood why she wanted to get away from the baby talk. That's all she'd been doing recently too. She was sure hers and Adrien's conversations were more about the baby than anything else.

"What do you want to know, Miss reporter extraordinaire?"

"What's happening with you and model boy? You seem to be pretty close."

Marinette couldn't help the smile plastering all over her face.

"We're getting very close. Alya, you know my big secret?" She raised her eyebrows hoping Alya caught the hint.

"Oh about the box?" Alya's eyes widened and the baby snuggled more into her. It was as if it could feel the soul of her mother coming back.

"Yes. THE box. Well you know I have a partner?"

"Yes, the one you're madly in love with?" Alya was starting to display and air of excitement she hadn't seen since the days of Akuma attacks, Marinette couldn't help but suppress the giggle that escaped her lips.