Tuesday 18th December [Marinette]

Clue Four: We have our own song. It means a lot to me and when I hear it I only think of you <3

Adrien had given Marinette the day off. Everything that happened after she left yesterday was a complete whirlwind. She remembered going to the hospital, talking with Alya, holding the baby whilst Alya contacted the father, being there when the father arrived and then consoling her best friend when the father left.

Due to Alya's distressed state the hospital had decided to keep her in until she seemed stable enough to leave. It seemed she was on the brink of breaking and had been put under careful watch by the staff. Obviously the baby stayed with her and was actually developing beautifully. She'd taken to breastfeeding like a duck to water, and even when Marinette was holding her she'd still try and nurse.

Holding such a small delicate creature in her hands filled her with so much longing, but she wanted the whole family life. She didn't want to have a baby then get married, she wanted the whole charade. The dating, the engagement, the wedding, the couples holidays, the babies ... and she wanted it all with -

Marinette's phone began to ring. It was Adrien. She'd never had so many calls and messages in her life. She wasn't complaining, oh no, it was on the contrary ... she was ecstatic. She really thought she'd got him. That she'd linked her two boys together, and the more time she spent with Adrien the more of Chat she could see. He was slowly blending into one person.

"Hey Adrien. Are you ok?"

I'm fine, just checking in after the drama last night.

At nine o'clock last night, Marinette had called Adrien begging him to come to the hospital. She needed help and support. She needed someone to come and help make the arguing stop.

The baby had indeed turned out to be Nino's, and although everyone thought this outcome would make life a lot more simple; Luka could move on and Alya and Nino could attempt to mend what was left and raise a child in harmony, it actually opened a whole new bag of worms.

Nino was furious again, and Marinette was quite sure he'd had a drink. This time he was angry that she'd slept with someone else whilst pregnant with his child. Marinette held the baby girl whilst a hormonal Alya attempted to talk Nino around. Covering the little girls ears from her parents assassination of each other. He wouldn't even look at his daughter.

Finally, Adrien arrived and took Nino home. The heroes were becoming more exhausted than when they were battling to save Paris. I think both would agree an akuma attack would actually be a welcomed break right now.

Marinette sighed thinking how she was going to respond to Adrien. She decided to just go with the truth. He knew when we was lying, there was no point in trying.

"I'm scared, Adrien." She looked down and luckily Alya was fast asleep in bed. "What if they can't get through this and hate each other for the rest of their lives. They're our best friends, they have the most beautiful baby girl together."

It'll certainly make our wedding awkward. I mean ... wow! I don't know where that came from. Sorry Mari. He coughed to clear his throat and she breathed slowly to try and calm her breath.

Anyway, I spoke to Nino last night but, honestly, I think he needs you there as well to tell him what he is doing is wrong. He needs a female perspective to kick his butt. He loves her. He wants to be there for the baby, but he's struggling. I've booked him an appointment with a therapist I know, so hopefully that could help. I will try anything for him, but I've got to say I'm still pretty annoyed at Alya.