Monday 10th December [Marinette]

As Marinette stepped foot into 'Agreste' for her first day as a designer nothing could wipe the smile off her face. She'd had an amazing night and now she was about to start her new amazing job.

Morning Princess, I hope you're first day goes well. Let me know if your boss needs a good talking too 😉 xxx

Marinette couldn't help but feel the fluttering in her stomach from Chat's words. Knowing she could grab his support whenever she needed it helped create a powerful glow around her charisma. She had Chat and he had her. There was no way she would let anything get in the way of her new found 'almost' relationship, and she was strong with that thought. Really strong, until she saw the bounce of beautiful blonde hair making its way towards her.

She studied over Adrien's outfit. He looked so good in a suit. Today's was navy with a duck egg blue shirt, complete with navy tie. He looked every bit the model he used to be. Marinette noticed how he was playing with his tie as he walked towards him. He looked ... nervous. She prayed he wasn't regretting his choice to hire her. It would kill her moral, and their friendship.

"Morning Mari, how you feeling?" His greeting came with each step as he moved to meet her. She noticed a glow on his face that wasn't there when she saw him the week before.

"I'm fine thank you, Monsieur Agreste. How about you?"

Adrien looked at her like she was an alien.

"No need to be so formal. Your position here is a high one. Just call me Adrien."

"Ok then, Adrien." She dropped him a wink as she continued to smile. They both laughed and she found herself enjoying the playfulness between them now she didn't worry about every single little move she made.

"Come on then, let's get you settled in your office and then I just want to go through a few different things for the designs before I'll need you to make a prototype." Adrien directed Marinette the way to her office, explaining how her list of today's activities will progress.

"Sounds great. I was wondering though, when did Agreste start making women's clothing?" Marinette had been thinking about this for a while. She had men's wear in her portfolio too, mostly what she'd designed for Adrien in the past, but everything seemed to be hinted at her woman's line. Not a hot spot for the 'Agreste' company.

"Since..." Adrien pulls his sleeve back and checks his watch, "five minutes ago."

As Adrien continued his stretched out walk Marinette spotted dead in her tracks. The company started making women's clothing today? As in she was starting it? Her head began to spin and she placed a hand on the wall beside her. This was a lot of pressure. A lot more than she expected.

"But ... but ... but ... you're trusting me? You don't even know if what I do is good?"

Adrien finally stopped and turned around only to notice Marinette was miles behind him. Hurrying back he crouched down to her trying to calm her breathing.

"Hey, look at me." She didn't respond so he tried again. "Come on Mari, please just look at me. What's wrong?"

"What's wrong is I think you're insane!"

"Why? Your work is amazing." How couldn't understand how Marinette's confidence was so different to that of Ladybug. She was amazing in all forms, why couldn't she accept that.

"You've never seen my work, Adrien. You've never inspected it, you've never looked at how my edging is, or my hand stitching, or - or - or anything." She was loosing it again, she could feel the panic rising in her body.

"That's where you're wrong. I own a number of items from yourself. All which matter quite greatly to me, and are exceptionally made."

"Items? What items?" Marinette's eyebrow quirked up in curiosity. What was he talking about? Wait! Her brain began to tick back to her obsessed teenage years. Did Adrien know? Had Alya told him?