Chapter 22

(A/n: I read a comment reminding me about the Sharingan ability to place Genjutsus on people. Also, realized that Y/n has a [Stay] ability. This author note will have the spells that I forgot about, so it doesn't look like I gave the spells out of no where.

(Active)[Genjutsu]LVL(Max) - The ability to put people under illusions.  The illusions can be anything the caster wishes. This works by affecting the target energy inside of them. This can be broken if the affected target can alter their energy levels while affected.

(Active)[Stay]LVL(Max) - The ability to seal someone movements by pointing at them and saying, "Stay." Can seal any number of people in the same direction, requires them to be released to seal someone else if they are in a separate place. No matter their strength. However, depending on their strength they could still talk.

Y/n POV:

Ares and Y/n both were across from each other in the arena. Both were waiting for the other to make the first move. 

Ares: You sure you don't need a weapon?

Y/n: Don't need one to kill you.

Ares: Arrogance will be your downfall.

Y/n: Its not arrogance its the truth.

Ares getting angry with Y/n swung his symbol of power which was his sword. Putting in some of his divine power into the attack. The sword sent out a blast of fire toward Y/n seeking to burn him alive.

Y/n used his own shadow with his skill [Shadow Travel] and appeared behind Ares. True to his battle instincts Ares swung his sword behind him almost hitting Y/n. However, with his superior speed Y/n leaned backward under the swing causing the blade to just barely miss his nose. 

Y/n righted himself and in the next moment grabbed Ares arm, kicked his leg out from under him and judo flipped him on to the ground. Ares wasn't suspecting Y/n to be this good at martial arts. Now understanding why Y/n didn't need a weapon.

Y/n didn't let up when he flipped Ares on to the ground. Putting his foot on to Ares shoulder and with the arm he still a hold of twisted it causing Ares to scream in pain. Ares elbow bone was sticking out of his arm.  

Y/n let Ares go step off of him and spit on him while the grabbed held his arm in pain.

Y/n: Get up you pathetic excuse of a god.

Ares scowled and used some of his divine energy and his arm healed up. Grabbing his sword Ares got back up ready for round two.  

Ares: You will regret that boy!

Y/n just scoffed making Ares more angry at him. 

Ares: FINE! You want a battle you will get one!

Ares started glowing red that enveloped his body. His eyes started glowing red along with his body. 

Y/n: What's up with the light show?

Ares: You will see mortal.

Ares started running toward Y/n and his sword turned into a hunting knife that he put on to his belt. Ares got close enough to Y/n and tackled into him. Y/n put his fists together and smashed them into Ares' back causing him to let go. Y/n threw a punch at Ares' face causing his face to jerk to the side. Ares didn't let that stop him though and turned his face back to Y/n showing no visible damage.

Ares smirked and uppercut Y/n causing him to get thrown upward before he was grabbed by his foot and slammed back into the ground. Y/n used [Control Shadows] to cover up his body and combined it with [Shadow Travel]. Appearing on the other side of the arena away from Ares he turned back with a chuckle.