𝐎𝐛𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐖𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬

Pairings: Dream x Reader
Warnings: Yelling
Pronouns: They/them

——————————

Tommy smugly gestured over towards the short obsidian wall that took place just on the boarders of New L'Manburg. Dream tightly clenched his netherite pickaxe and felt his grip grow stronger as the anger began to boil up inside of him. He was sweating bullets and his heart was practically beating out of his chest. It really wasn't enough that Tommy had the upper hand, but he had to embarrass Dream in the process. It probably wasn't right of him to do, but in that moment, Tommy had never felt more powerful. Imagine: The most powerful man in the server being publicly shamed by the man who had lost nearly everything.

Dream lazily climbed up the obsidian wall and took his netherite pickaxe, holding it up to the shiny black-ish stone and inhaling sharply while he narrowed his eyes. He raised it high up into the air before swinging it back down, making a small dent in the strong material.

He kept grunting as he fell in defeat, muttering curses under his breath. Fundy, Quackity and Tommy all called at him, poking fun at the man who had always been so strong. (Y/n) and Tubbo awkwardly watched by the side as Dream continued to work at the tough obsidian had that invaded their country. (Y/n) kept exchanging glances between Tommy and Dream, their jaw ticking at the rough situation.

"Not so powerful now, are you Dream?" Fundy cooed, grinning evilly and digging his hands into his pockets while tensing his shoulders. He flashed a smug smile in Dream's direction, but he refused to catch his eye.

"Look at the situation you've gotten yourself into!" Quackity held back his laughter, not doing a very good job at it. "Big, powerful man tearing down the walls he put up. This must be so embarrassing for you."

"Guys..." Tubbo attempted to hush the group quietly, but they continued to cackle at Dream as he just abided by their wishes.

"Oh, come on, Tubs'!" Tommy exclaimed. "Lighten up a little!" He cheered, but Tubbo didn't dignify him with a response.

(Y/n) felt their eyes squint and their vision go glassy the longer they looked at the unpleasant view. This was so difficult to look at, it was as if the second hand embarrassment was hitting their skin. Dream was carefully working away the obsidian while the people who were always seen as the 'good guys' mocked him.

Suddenly, after feeling like they couldn't take the sad sight any longer, they leapt forward from the small group of men and slowly edged towards the wall. Leaning against the jagged surface of the wall was another diamond pickaxe that shone brighter than the sky above them. The shimmer and glow that it emitted indicated that it would certainly help them. It was a lot more iridescent than any other regular pickaxe, which only came to suggest that it was stronger, more sturdy.

Dream didn't pause what he was doing but did look through his peripheral vision to see (Y/n) take the pickaxe in their hand and tighten their grip on it. He turned his head just slightly and watched as they latched the pickaxe onto their belt and pressed their hand up against the dark material, exhaling deeply before looking up at the short tower.

They pressed their foot against the rocks and attempted to pull themself up the wall. When Dream realised what they were attempting to do, he immediately put the pickaxe to the side and leaned over to help them up to make sure that they didn't fall as they made their way up to him. They clearly weren't as agile as him so it was a bit more of a challenge to get up the wall, but Dream made sure that they got up without a scratch. His hand was lowered down to offer his help to (Y/n), which they saw. And, in viewing the opportunity, grabbed a hold of his hand to accept his willingness to help.