21: It's Like I Waited My Whole Life... For This One Night

"There's no one else that matters, You love me.
And I wont let you fall, girl."
~ Chris Brown

3rd Person's POV

3rd Person's POV

Mila grins widely as she sits beside Peter on the edge of the building. Fingers intertwined, the two sit in a comfortable silence staring at the glistening stars above. Peter smiles as Mila lays her head on his shoulder.

"Sleepy?"

Mila chuckles shaking her head, "Not at all. You?"

"Nope."

"Wanna dance?"

"I-I can't dance Mila. You already know this."

Mila rolls her eyes smiling before standing up and jumping off the edge and onto the roof. Peter groans as she pulls his hand lightly.

"I can teach you. There's not much to it."

"There's no music..."

"I know..." Mila gives him a mischievous look as she continues to pull him towards the door of the roof.

Peter's eyes widen as he realizes where she was trying to take him, "Oh no. That's not a good idea."

"Oh come on Pete... you'll be fine. I got you... I promise."

Peter sighs but follows anyways. He couldn't say no to the girl. Once he saw her smile he didn't want to be the one to make it go away.

Mila hurries into the house excitingly with Peter on her heels. She skips down the steps still holding Peter's hand, then makes her way through the crowd to the dance floor.

Finally she stops in the middle of the crowd and listens to the song that's playing.

Smiling widely she throws her arms over Peter's head, "I love this song."

Peter grins putting his hands on her waist, pulling her slightly closer. Out the corner of his eye he noticed that people were starting to stare and whisper. Which made sense, Peter the school geek was dancing with Mila, the popular cheer captain.

"E-everyone's staring..." Peter stammers as he glances every once and a while at the crowd.

Mila holds onto the back of Peter's head pulling him close to her. Their foreheads rest against one another as they stare into each other's eyes intensely.

"It's okay Pete... just focus on me... pretend they're not even here."

Peter sighs before slowing his breathing and focusing on Mila's glimmering honey brown eyes. Smiling the two sway to the music as the world around them disappears. Mila closes her eyes and revels in the fact that her wish had finally come true. Her best friend had the same feelings for her as she did for him. She couldn't be happier.