Chapter 1 (Edited)

Amanda's POV:

"So... let me guess," Brit smiles widely, looking deeply into my eyes. I give her a curious look.

"You have a crush on..." she leaves no full stop at the end of her words, causing me to be more curious. Who is that guy I have a crush on that she thought she knew? Does she know him anyway? I never told anyone before. I furrow my eyebrows in curiosity, giving her the 'who is him, huh?' look from my eyes.

"Zack," she answers, her smile stretches longer. Suddenly, my heart makes a freefall.

"You - how did you know?- No, No, I mean which Zack?" I widen my eyes. How the hell she could just spin a wild guess and hits the jackpot? Never have I told anyone! Even though she is my best friend or what - the thing about me and Zack has nothing to do with her!

Well, I never had a thing with Zack but yea, secret is still a secret.

"Amanda, there's no more hiding. Of course, he's Zack! Zack Merrick," she says, curving a devilish smile and leaving me petrified for a moment. She couldn't have guessed it right! "There's no other Zack I knew you always gave the flirty eyes before?"

"Oh! Shut up, I never gave flirty eyes to him!" I blush profusely, feeling the skin on my cheeks redden vaguely. "But how the hell did you -"

"We're BFFs, of course I know!" she shoves me lightly and laughs. I fake my laugh so I don't look like I'm a loser for her knowing who I am madly in love with.

Brittany Nelson. Brit, for short. I can tell that she's the one whom I can render as my only best friend. I don't really trust people, but Brit is just different. She's amazing, you can tell!

"Hey, look! There's Zack Merrick!" she points to the cafeteria door as her manicured nails tug on my arm skin, making me raise my head quickly - obviously wanting to take a glance of him. Well, because I'm in love.

"Where?" I ask raising my head higher but I don't even see his silhouette.

"I'm kidding. See, I could tell you have deeply fallen in love with him." Damn it! She tricked me! She bursts into laughter, laughing at how dumb I look just now.

"Brit! How cruel you are!" I shove her lightly as my face burned for the fact that I just looked dumb right in front of her just now! Well, that's not the thing anyway... maybe it's just because of -

Zack.

Zack walks in front of us, with his friend Devin in the hallway - not forgetting to turn to us and giving us the warm smile that makes me fall in love every damn time he does.

"Hey! Hey!" Brit calls to get their attention and I start to think Brit is starting to lose her mind. Okay, I'm conspicuously not ready for this! "Zack! Devin! Over here!"

Being aware of their names are called, they stop and turn to us. I try to be busy scratching the back of my head and look around so I don't simply get caught in Zack's beautiful emerald eyes, but then I realised it just makes me look awkward.

"Hey Brit and...Adam Levine's daughter?" he lifts his eyebrows as his eyes scan my face until they stop into my eyes and damn, look at those eyes. But, wait? Seriously, he doesn't know my name?

"Oh, Zack! You can't be more wrong! How in the hell wouldn't you know her name?!" Jake nudged Zack in his arm as then Zack makes the cute face with a silent 'ouch' under his breath.

"I'm so sorry, so, you are - ?"

"Amanda," I smile at him, trying hardly to act super cool in front of him even though I barely can gulp the fact that he didn't even remember my name. That's a shame, Zack.

"Oh, Amanda. You and your dad have almost the same name," he gives an extremely cute toothy grin.

"Ha, kinda." I nod and let out a grin.

"Well, I think Zack and Amanda makes a perfect couple. Don't you think so, Devin?" Brit nudges Jake's arm. Okay, so now what?

"Yeah," Devin just nods nonchalantly. The blood on my cheeks boil more violently as I caught Zack blushes slightly as his toothy grin is still there. Killed me for times.

Zack clears his throat and goes, "Well, Devin and I are a little too late for our band practice, so... see you guys later, then." He smiles warmly, not forgetting to take his last glance on me.

"Okay then. Bye!" Brit waves to them goodbye as we watch them slowly disappearing from our sights.

"Brittany," I look at her, wanting for an explanation on what she did just now. She gives me the 'what?' look at me and simply lets out her laugh that sounds naughty mixed with devilish in my ear. "This isn't how it is supposed to be! You know I blush too bad in front of him!"

"Well, it is! Oh, come on Amanda! Tell me you actually like it!"

Screw it, I'm in love with it.

---

I turn the radio on, and land on my bed.

The song Payphone is playing on the radio. Dad, I miss you.

I'm bored. There's no one at home to talk to, to share my problem with, and to share my love with. I think I need my mom. But the problem is who the hell my mom is? Where is she? Why is she not here whenever I need her and whenever I don't quite need her? She's my mom! She is supposed to be at home or in my sight. And why dad doesn't even tell me about her?

I feel fucked up now.

Hmmm.

I take my phone and surf the net. Maybe I'm going to see what's up on twitter?

While scrolling up and down for twitter updates, and then I found something that really catches my eyes.

Adam Levine. He just tweeted something new in his twitter timeline! Dad, do you know I miss you a lot now!

And ooh, he uploaded a picture. I quickly click it; I can't wait to know his update since I miss him very much.

...

Just having a blast with @TheRealXTina. She's a nice babe.

A picture of him and Christina Aguilera, hand in hand with each other. Suddenly, I felt something strange feeling strikes my head.

Is she having something with dad? Oh GOD, I won't let this happen!