Why Did You Bring Me Here?

Bella's View
"Why'd you bring me here?" He didn't answer. He looked at me and then looked away and then at the ground. "Damon, I know there's a reason. Something was up with Stefan this morning and then he gave you that look and you nodded and you brought me here... I have a right to know why" "I know" "That's all your gonna say?" "What do you want me to say?" "I want you to tell me what's going on" He won't answer me, so I got up and walked out the door. "Bella, Bella! Stop, what are you doing?" "Im leaving!" "How are you gonna get home?" "Im walking" "Bella, come on" "I'd rather walk than stay here right now" "Fine! You wanna know why I brought you?" "Just forget it" "Bella there's someone after you" He said and I froze. "That Klaus guy that we were talking about this morning... Hes... You don't wanna be taken by him, he's the baddest of the bad" "So, now I have two terribly bad vampires after me?" "Im sorry" "You should've told me" "I didn't want to worry you" "Well I appreciate that" "So does that mean you're not mad?" "No, I'm still mad, but you were just trying to protect me" "Yeah your right" He's hiding something else, I can tell. "What?" I ask sternly. "Nothing" "Damon! I know when your lying and your lying!" "Fine, when I told Stefan about that girl, Victoria, coming after you, he told me to take you here and keep an eye on you. Because she might have something to do with Klaus" "So you lied to me, again?" "I was trying to protect you" "I can take care of myself, Damon" I said, walking into the woods next to the house.

I decide to just sit, to stare at the waterfall now in front of me. As I stare at it, I break down in tears and hear an unfamiliar voice, "I knew I heard crying" "Yeah, sorry, that was me" "What's a lovely girl like you crying?" "Huh, I'm far from lovely, and my name is Bella" "Klaus" "Your Klaus?" "Based on your reaction I'm assuming you've heard of me" "Huh, yeah" "Good things or bad?" "Um, a little bit of both" I laughed. How could he want to come after me? He seems so harmless, so... Kind and caring.