Fighting It

Bella's View
When I brought up him saving me from Klaus by turning me, he looked hurt. "... I hate how you just can't let me go, I hate that you should've just let me go when Klaus snapped my neck" I turned around and left after that with no word, crying and fighting to keep my humanity on. It just... It hurt so badly.

As I was walking towards my house, which was still a quiet awhile away, I ran into Stefan. "Bella?" "Hey, Stefan" "Hey, how you doing?" "Peachy" "I'm sorry about what happened" "It's not your fault, it's mine" "No, it wasn't yours, it wasn't anyone's, he's just under a lot of stress and-" "That doesn't give him the right to say everything that he said to me, Stefan" "I know, I'm sorry" "No I'm sorry, I'm just-" "You don't have to explain" "I loved him Stefan!" "I know you did, he loves you too, he was just mad" "Now I can't go back!" "Hey, he'll come back around" "Stefan he was my everything now I have... Nothing" "Yes you do, you have your dad" "My dad doesn't need me" "Yes he does" "No he doesn't he's a grown man" I said, tears streaming down my face. I've been crying so hard, for such an amount of time that it's hard to breathe. "Bella, you need to calm down, I know that your upset but-" "No! Do you understand how hard it is to keep myself from falling off the edge?! To keep myself from turning off my humanity!?" "Yes, Bella, I do. I do know! But that's just gonna hurt you in the future, once it's turned back on, it'll come back and catch up to you! Turning it off is just a distraction! Don't let him get to you like that!" "Stefan I can't take the pain, it's hurts so badly!" "I know, I'm gonna help you, just don't turn it off, think about your dad, ok?" "My dad, he doesn't need me" "Yes he does" "No he doesn't!" "Just, let's go, come on, we need a distraction... What do you wanna do?" "Really, Stefan? That was a stupid question" "Right" He laughed, making me laugh. "There's that laugh" "Hey, there's that carnival thing that I helped set up... It's tonight" "You think that's gonna be a distraction?" "It might" "Ok, come on, do you wanna get the girls?" He asked. "I was actually hoping we could go together" "Oh, ok" "If that's ok" "Yeah, sure, come on" "Thanks, Stefan" "Stop thanking me for everything" "Sorry, it's a habit" "It's ok, come on"