1

I walked into the infamous Pop's diner with my little sister Alana. Alana ran over to the booth of my brother's friends. The perfect girl next door, Betty Cooper and the all American star athlete Archie Andrews. I walked over to the counter and placed my order.

"Anastasia, how have you been a kid? Didn't see you all summer?" Pop's asked.

"Pop, you know no one calls me that anymore. I've been good. Spent the summer with my friends. How about you Pop?" I asked.

"I've been good AJ. Serving my burgers to you and the hungry people of Riverdale." Pop smiled as a raven-haired girl walked in with a little boy.

"I'll let you serve your customers Pop," I said

"10 minutes wait for AJ." Pop said. I nodded.

"I called in an order, for Lodge?" The girl said.

"Two burgers, yeah, almost ready, but you gotta wait." Pop told her. The girl looked at me before walking, past the redhead who was gaping at her, towards me with the boy.

"Lodge, I'm guessing you guys are pretty new?" I said as Alana walked over to me.

"Yeah, we just moved here but our Mom is from here." The girl said.

"Welcome to Riverdale. AJ." I said putting my hand out to shake.

"Veronica and this is Elijah, my little brother," Veronica said. I noticed the boy had a Jets Jersey on.

"Hi I'm Alana," Alana told the siblings.

"Hey," Veronica said. Elijah was quiet so I crouched down in front of him.

"So you like the Jets?" I asked. Elijah looked at Veronica.

"Eli, hey come on your not this quite," Veronica told him.

"Yeah, I like the Jets me and my dad used to go watch them when he wasn't working," Elijah said.

"Who's your favourite?" I asked.

"Chris Hogan," Elijah said.

"No way he's mine too," I said. Elijah giggled and started talking to Alana.

"Do you go to Riverdale High?" Veronica asked.

"No, that preppy school can't handle me. I go to a school for kids like me." I said.

"What do you mean kids like you?" Veronica asked.

"See if I answer all your questions your not gonna wanna come back for more. Right now you're interested and curious." I smirked. Veronica rolled her eyes.

"Fine give me your number then," Veronica said.

"Demanding much? Sorry, Princess, I don't give my number out to girls that I just happen to meet at a diner. You know stranger danger and all that." I said.

"God you're annoying," Veronica said.

"Order for AJ," Pops said handing me the food.

"Thanks, Pop," I said taking the bag off the counter.

"AJ can I stay with Archie he said I could?" Alana asked.

"You know Dad's gonna say no because you've got school tomorrow," I said.

"See you around Veronica and Elijah," I said.

"Bye." Alana said. "Carry me." Alana said.

Timeskip

I woke up to my dad shaking me.

"Kid come on get up for school," Dad said.

"Fine," I said standing up.