Chapter 1

Tommy laid in his bed, being in exile isn't really fun especially when there's nothing much to do. He just mines, build, eat, then sleep. Nothing more, nothing less.

It was 12 am and all he was doing was staring at the compass that he adores. He reached his hand out at the glowing item. He wasn't trying to grab it but he likes to feel that he is grabbing out to someone. He could feel a presence from the compass, not a bad one but one in pain and sorrow. Could it be that it was his or Tubbo's?

Ever since Tubbo exiled him, his words kept flying around his head. He didn't want to hate Tubbo, he didn't want to despise him, he just wanted to be back with him and Ranboo. That's all he wanted. To be back with his friends.

It wouldn't be a lie if he said he didn't somewhat regret doing what he did to George. But him being exiled felt unnecessary. He didn't think it was fair at first but as time went on, he became numb to the feeling. Being exiled didn't matter. Dream trying to rub it in, didn't bother him anymore.

It frightened Ghostbur when Tommy cried and his eyes looked so gray. They looked so empty and the once lively and vibrant blue eyes were now, faded like a sky on a rainy day. Ghostbur tried his best to cheer Tommy up but no avail. The only thing that seemed to make Tommy even crack a small smile was the compass. He would smile and stare at it for hours on end.

He would never let go of it. He told Ghostbur that when he holds it close, it's like someone was comforting him. Someone was hugging him and telling him everything will be okay. He hasn't been told that in a while.

Before he would complain on repeat but now he was just quiet. He would just ignore everyone except for Ghostbur, he didn't want the poor ghost to feel bad. He would ignore Dream and his verbally abusive statements.

He started writing in a journal that Ghostbur gave him. The happy supernatural being explained how fun it is to write down the feelings inside. He encouraged Tommy to write and cry. He wanted him to let out his frustrations and emotions out.

Tommy agreed hesitantlyand tried it. Turns out, he's an amazing writer. He started to enjoy writing. He would write for a few hours and shed a few tears. He soon had boxes and boxes of journals in just a matter of a few days. He just couldn't stop writing. Sometimes he would re-read them. What he didn't know is that others would read them when he wasn't around.

Dream, Fundy, and many others had read them. All of the emotions that he spewed onto thoes pages were now exposed out. Something broke...in him when he found out...He didn't want people to know how he felt...He didn't want to have everyone pity him more...They just made everything worse when they asked about the journals.

He started ignoring them even more. Dream was even becoming concerned and tried to get Tommy to conversate with him but he got nothing out of Tommy except, "What's the poin","Why do you care?","You're just going to pity me", or,"What I say or think wont matter to you".

Dream tried his hardest to try to get Tommy to talk even by talking about L'manburg even saying he might let him visit. But the response he got shocked him. Tommy only responded with,

"I don't care and I don't want to go back...Going back to L'manburg doesn't concern me anymore..."

Dream went really quiet after that. He just continued to help Tommy build, staring at the now quiet and unmotivated child every few minutes. Dream didn't want to give up so he started to talk about the discs. Tommy stopped and finally looked at him, making Dream hope he might say something, but it wasn't what he wanted.

"You destroy my stuff everyday...at this point, how am I supposed to get them back?".

Dream felt even worse. Tommy couldn't see it but under Dream's mask his face was filled with sadness, frustration, and concern. He just couldn't understand why Tommy just wouldn't argue or give him an annoyed remark. He reached out and hugged Tommy. At this point, he had to do what he can to bring the real Tommy back, his friend.

"Why are you hugging me? You don't care about me".

Everytime Dream is told that he doesn't care about Tommy, he aches a bit. It's not that he doesn't care about the child but it's....complicated.

He pats Tommy's head. He never really does this for Tommy but he had to....

"How about we go to L'manburg...?"