Kalnapity Snippet

Sapnap and Quackity were in a hassle. Karl was crying for some odd reason and they didn't know why. He had been curled up in bed, sobbing literally the whole time.

Sapnap didn't think these moods could get any worse. He was walking to Niki's bakery to get sweets to make Karl feel better. He looked super tired and stressed.  He felt like he was going to pass out at any moment.

Niki opened the door and waved to Sapnap. She let him inside and he sat down.

"Hey, Sapnap! How are you?"

"Awful..."

"Aw, what's wrong?"

"Karl is what's wrong..."

"Oh, did you have an argument?"

"No, he's been have unbearable mood swings and it has been making me and Quackity exhausted"

Niki thought for a moment. She confused. She never experienced men mood swings before unless you count Ghostbur's breakdowns.

"Could it be that he's depressed?"

"Dream said the same thing..."

"Well, have you asked Karl?"

"I tried to ask but I would feel really bad asking him. He would always look at me like I was going to beat him or something"

Niki was somewhat startled by that answer because she knew Sapnap would never hurt Karl. Yes, Sapnap would hurt people's pets and other animals but when it came to people and things he cared about, it would be a surprising if he did anything harmful to them.

"Did he go through something traumatic? If he thinks you're going to hit him, he must have experienced something".

"Quackity did kill him once...and destroyed one of his soul shards"

Niki gulped a bit. No wonder Karl felt that way. She had been killed before as well, It was a horrible experience but she moved past that.

Soul Shards is what keeps them alive. Everyone has one. They only have three. If all of them are destroyed, they die forever. Ghostbur and Schlatt is the biggest examples of this. After their last shards were destroyed, they died forever. They don't know where Schlatt is but Ghostbur is still around as a ghost.

Niki grabbed one of the freshly made cakes that she had and handed it to Sapnap.

"Here. Maybe you should just stay with Karl for the rest of the day. I'm sure he'll feel safe enough to talk to you"

Sapnap nodded and left. He started heading back home. He looked at the cake and sighed.

He didn't want Karl to be afraid of him. Just the thought of that Karl thinks he'd would beat him really made feel horrible. Sapnap knows he's not the best person, but has enough morality to not hurt someone he loves.

He walked into his home and put his cake on the counter. He started putting snacks in a plate divider. He added gummy bears, gummy worms, chips, a slice of cake, and dip. He pours a cup of juice. He heads upstairs. He puts his ear to the door. He sighed in relief that Karl finally calmed down.

He went inside then closed the door with his foot. He walked to the bed and sat down. He put the snacks and juice on the bedside table. He pulls the cover up to see a sniffling Karl.

"I got you snacks and cake with juice. I'll stay with you and let you eat if you talk to me about why you're so sad".

Karl looked at him before wiping his tears and sits up. He sits next to Sapnap.

"Okay..."