i hate you pt.2

Week 3;

after last weeks strange moment, things had been a lot more calmer between you both, yes there was still small digs thrown around but overall you were both just getting used to coming to the empty classroom each evening after dinner and just staying there for hours.

and dramatically you both started to have normal conversations, small ones, but somewhat civil.

you don't know exactly why Draco decided to have a change in attitude but you weren't complaining, it just meant it was easier for you to get this done without leaving the classroom completely exhausted from all the annoyance and anger he would often put you in.

today he had made a few sly remarks but nothing you couldn't just roll your eyes to in response

"how much longer are we going to be doing this for?" he asked suddenly

you shrug "two more weeks, maybe three"

"oh" was all he said

you smirk at him "why? disappointed Malfoy?"

"what to finally get rid of you? never"

in truth he was for some reason beginning to enjoy these sessions even if you both argue like cat and dog, he wasn't sure why but ever since the last big argument he kind of felt bad for giving you so much grief.

you on the other hand thought it was because of the evident lack of sleep he was getting, as the now visible dark circles under his eyes were proving.

"you look like crap" you comment

"thanks" he scoffs

"have you not been sleeping?"

"does it matter?" he snaps

you shrug "i guess not" you say quietly

he sighs "sorry i just haven't been sleeping lately"

you blink not sure you'd heard him correctly, did THE Draco Malfoy just... apologise?

"what?" he asks

"what do you mean what?" you ask

"you look shocked"

"just didn't expect to you to apologise" you say

"it's all part of my 'be a better Draco Malfoy' program" he jokes

a small smile crept up on your face as you looked back at the potion "fair enough"

later on in the week Draco was watching you from your table as you chatted to some friends while eating dinner

"how's your potions thing going along?" Blaise asks breaking the silence

"fine" Draco replied averting his eyes to his dinner in front of him

"and the other thing?"

Draco sighs "work in progress"

"you'll get there in the end" he says trying to be supportive

"i just want to get this potions work out the way" Draco says

"yeah fair enough, don't want the y/l/n girl to get suspicious" Blaise says

"she's actually not that bad" Draco says "i thought she was going to be a nightmare which at first she was but that was probably more my fault"

Blaise raises an eyebrow "we are talking about the same girl right? you know the one you spend the whole evening complaining about when you found out she was your partner"

Draco rolls his eyes "yes i know hell must have frozen over as well"

"well you have spend every evening with her it was obvious you were both going to get on eventually"

the next week went by quickly, the fighting became less and you both found yourselves accidentally getting to know eachother. it wasn't either of your intentions but you were both getting closer by the second.

"so are you sleeping better" you ask

he shrugs "not really"

"ok what's going on? you don't just not sleep for no reason"

"just stress that's all you know with school and stuff" he says but you still weren't convinced that was true

"you know you can tell me" you say

"not this, it would be selfish to involve you"

you decided to drop it and you both quickly forget about it and starting talking about fun memories from the past

for Draco, you were his breath of fresh air that he didn't know he needed. when he was with you he forgot all about the stress of what this year was going to bring him. you were exactly what he needed and it was strange to him.

and then just like that the last day came, the potion you had both been brewing for just over a month was almost finished and you were both feeling down about it.

you both finished putting the potion in it's flask "well i guess that's it"

Draco nodded "yeah i guess so"

you both slowly packed away and left the room, Draco walked you back to your common room, both of you making small talk.

once you arrived, Draco realised he didn't want to leave you, he didn't want you both to go back to hating eachother.

"thanks for walking me back" you say with a smile

"you're welcome" he replied

"so uh i guess i'll see you around" you say a little too sadly

"yeah" he says and turns away

you watch him turn away feeling your heart sink a little

you turn to go into your dorm and Draco stops and turns back around "y/n"

you quickly turn to face him your heart picking up it's pace "yeah?"

he walks over to you and takes your face, smashing his lips onto yours, you immediately kiss him back feeling your heart pound in your chest as your lips moved in sync

once you pulled away, you both just stared at eachother "let me guess this is selfish and a bad idea" you ask with a smile

he smiled as his thumb stroked your cheek
"yeah definitely, but i don't mind being selfish from time to time"

"so i'll see you after dinner tomorrow?" you ask

he pecks your lips "if that's what you want then yes you shall"

"good" you say with a smile as your turn to your common room

"i still hate you though" you call

"yeah i hate you more" he calls back making you grin as you happily go into your common room, your heart still going crazy in your chest.

maybe Draco Malfoy wasn't so bad after all.

______________________

hope you liked this chapter!!! 😌

i probably won't be uploading for a while now you know as it's Christmas next week but i'll still work on chapters ready to go for a few weeks time!

send me a message if you have a request!

so thank you for reading!! Merry Christmas to you all, i hope you have a wonderful time!!!

see you in a few weeks!!❤️❤️❤️