16 - Child of ours

You smile up at the Umbreon. No matter how you ended up here, you can see the love in these two's eyes, and you know that they will truly care for you, and never leave you alone and in danger like Lusaka did.

After awhile you know the family well. There's Jan, the mother of the den, and her husband Zurich. Their eldest child and son, a Sylveon named Mindanao, and their eldest daughter, an Espeon named Mackinac. There's Jessie, a Furret and, somehow, Jan's sister, and all of your eight newfound siblings of a similar age to you. You learn to hunt, swim, and have fun, growing up with your siblings as the months pass.

Eventually, you are the last yet to evolve, and you are on a hunt with Mindanao. You see something poking out from the ground, yellow and shining.

"Mindanao! What's this?" you ask of your eldest brother, for as we all know, our elder siblings know everything. Mindanao pads over and looks at the object, unearthing it slightly.

"Huh," he mutters. "It's a fire stone... if you touched it, you could evolve into a Flareon..."

For the first time in months, Lusaka comes to mind again. You wonder what happened to her, then, almost without thinking, reach out and tap your paw against the stone. A surge of cold goes through your body, not what you expected when becoming the Fire Eevee, but as your fur grows out, you feel the comfortable warmth of your own heat...

--

And so you became a Flareon and lived with the family happily ever after.

So ends this branch of the story... for now...