17 - The Great Leaf-Eevee

You wake up with your nose filled with a floral scent. You blink a few times to get the bleariness of sleep out of your eyes. Once they are open, you stare forward into the face of that leaf creature from earlier. He grins at you once he sees you awake.

"Oi! Here you are now, sleepyhead!" he purrs. It appears you are laying on his chest, held there by his forelegs, so the vibration of the purr goes through your whole body, putting you much more at ease. You get the feeling of rocking slightly, and when you look up, you see vines stretching high up, keeping the two of you suspended from a branch. When you chance a look down, you can see the ground is only perhaps a foot away.

"Where did you find long vines like that?" you ask. He grins slightly, and you cling to him as you feel yourselves descending... You look up and see the vines somehow stretching, until you are down on the ground. Then the vines unwrap from the branch and retract into the creature's back...

"Heh! I am Leafeon, you see. I can do this myself," he says. "You may call me Krakow."

"H-hi," you say softly. "I'm thirsty..."

Krakow laughs, then gently nuzzles you with his nose. "Me too! But there is water nearby, I will take you!"

With that, Krakow deftly grabs your scruff in his muzzle and carries you. After a moment you can hear rushing water, and you see a swiftly flowing stream. He sets you at the bank, where you lay down and eagerly begin to drink. Krakow does the same right next to you.

Once you have drunk your fill, you look down the river and see that it drops off. "Wait... is that the waterfall then?" you ask.

Krakow immediately lifts his muzzle from the water and holds you close. "Don't go there... its dangerous... I don't want you hurt..." You begin to object, to say how you need to go there, and see if its true that Lusaka was cast over... then again... you're not sure if you can stand to know either, and you stay silent. Then you realise that the little pouch of fruit that Cluj gave you is nowhere to be found. You speak up about it, which seems to make Krakow uncomfortable...

"Ehhh... I can't stand for people to eat plants... its... disturbing..." he shudders, and holds you tightly.

"Why?" you ask. 

He sighs softly, and you realise that floral scent you've been smelling might be his breath... "I... you might think it strange, but... I can... understand... plants... like, the scents are like language... and when they are eaten, it... it doesn't sound good..."

You look at him, feeling sympathy, but not sure how he feels... then you get an idea.

"You were an Eevee once... right?" you ask. He nods. "So... I could become a Leafeon like you... and then maybe I could understand better?" 

He studies your face carefully. "You're sure? You can't reverse something like that..." But you nod. You're ready for this, you're certain.

"Okay then, he says, standing up. "Come with me... I'll help you..."

And he guides you to the Mossy Rock.

--

It looks like you'll be going through this adventure of life as a Leafeon, alongside Krakow...

This is the end... for now...