SA- A.H

You sat on your couch, wrapping your body into a tight ball. You started shaking from the thoughts running through your brain. The thoughts that consumed you.

Just a month ago you visited your father. You never had a good relationship with him but you thought he would change, he told you he had. You thought you could recover the lost time.

Things however didn't go as planned.

As you sat on the couch you remembered the way his body felt on top of yours. The way his hot breath burned through your skin. The way his hands felt holding you down.

You never told your boyfriend Aaron, why should you? It wasn't his problem. Even if you did he would probably leave you. Leave a broken mess for someone else to clean up. You haven't dated him long so maybe his feelings weren't so strong anyhow.

The front door opening freed you from your mind. Aaron walked in and set his things down before closing and locking the door.

"Y/n what's wrong?" He walked over to you and went to place his hand on your shoulder.

"Don't touch me!" You yelled. You shot up from the couch and backed away from him.

"It's just me, Aaron. What's going on?" He held his hands up and slowly walked towards you.

"Nothing."

From his experience at work he knew this wasn't nothing. The way you acted towards him, someone he knew you loved, he knew it was someone that had a deep connection to you. Maybe it was family or a close friend. He didn't want to pressure you and force you to answer because it wasn't his business but if it affected you and made you act this way he wanted to help.

"You don't have to tell me, only when you're ready. What can I do to help? Anything you need?"

"I-I'm sorry.." You looked down and choked on a sob. "It's stupid it doesn't even matter."

"Whatever it is, I'm sure it isn't stupid. Did someone hurt you?" He looked down at you and slowly pulled your chin up to look at him. He felt you nod.

"Remember when I asked for time off to meet with my dad?" He nodded. "I-It was him." He searched your eyes and saw the fear turn to sorrow. He didn't want you to push him away so he slowly moved his hands around your body and hugged you.

You grabbed a fistful of his shirt and cried into his chest. You never felt so lonely and afraid, even in the arms of someone who loved you no matter what.

"Aaron..."

"Hm?" He ran his hand through your hair.

"H-He hurt me. He uhm.. got me alone at his house and then he started.."

"It's okay. You were reliving it, right?" You nodded against his chest.

"Forgetting is difficult but remembering is worse." Tears coursed down your cheeks and fell onto the fabric of Aaron's suit.

"He said he didn't need my consent because I was his daughter. And he scared me... I was so scared, which is stupid because I work in the damn FBI I should've known better. I don't even remember if I said no... I'm sure I did.." You added.

"It's not consent if he made you afraid to say no."

"I just thought he wanted to reconnect with me. God I was so stupid."

"Don't do that, you had no idea. This wasn't your fault okay? Have you told police or anyone else?"

"Just you." You whispered.

Aaron would never force you to go to police. He understood why you chose not too. You blamed yourself after your father took everything away from you. He broke you. Left you with nothing but a lost soul.

"You can make the decision if you want to go any further. You make the rules you got that? Either way, your father will pay for what he did to you. Can you look at me?" You slowly raised your head to meet his brown eyes.

"I would never take advantage of you or hurt you like that, that's a promise. I love you y/n and you're so strong." He leaned down and kissed your forehead.

"But I'm not strong..." You didn't feel strong. You didn't have a choice or a reason for your fathers actions.

"Becoming a victim is not a choice, but becoming a survivor is. And yes, you are strong because you survived." He pulled away and took your hands in his.

"When something bad happens you have three choices. You either let it define you, you let it destroy you, or you can let it strengthen you."

Aaron wasn't an expert in this field because he didn't know exactly how you were feeling but in moments like these he knew you needed to know someone was there. Even if he wasn't there he was in this fight with you. He loved your laugh, your jokes, your happiness beaming at anytime of the day. You were the light in his life but right now you were dark. A shadow consumed you and you became the night sky. Dark, alone, and sad. It was his turn to be the light, to bring yours back. He would be the sun and light up the sky, casting your shadow back to where it belonged.

"You make the rules in this relationship got it? You are your own person, you make the calls." He reassured.

"I love you Aaron." He chuckled and pulled you into another hug.

"I love you more." You both stayed in the hug for a few minutes in comfortable silence as soft rain hit the window.

"Hey, do you want to eat ice cream on the couch and watch crime shows and debunk them like we always do? We can continue this tomorrow and you can make your decision, no rush! Just think about one?"

"Yeah, that sounds great." You both released each other and you went to the couch while Aaron went to the kitchen. He returned a few minutes later with your favorite flavor in hand and you both picked a show to start with.

Aaron wrapped an arm loosely around your waist and pulled you closer to him. You rested your head on his shoulder and he moved his head on yours.

You spent the rest of the night eating ice cream and noticing all the flaws on the crime shows and things the killer could've done better.

The next morning you made your decision on whether or not to fight your father, with Aaron right by your side.

_______________________________

"You are not a victim for sharing your story, you are a survivor setting the world on fire with your truth. And you never know who needs your light, your warmth and raging courage." -Alex Elle