6

The next day, at lunch I did as I said I would. I met Ludwig during lunch by the trees. I managed to finish a lot of my piece so I had some time to talk to people. I actually stayed up till three in the morning painting. "Hello... sorry I'm late" I smiled. Ludwig turned his head to me and scooted over for me to take a seat next to him on the bench. "No worries, lunch just started," he laughed.

I took a seat beside him and it was complete silence. What do I even say to him? Well, I need to get to know him so I need to ask him personal questions. Oh! Francis asked me if I had a crush on anyone, I think usually high school guys are supposed to talk about those things. "Do you like anyone? Or have a ....significant other?" I asked, trying to keep it gender neutral. What if he was like Francis and was into guys, who knows? His face turned red as he shot his head to look at me. "Why are you asking that?" He asked nervously.

"Oh... well, I thought it would be a nice ice breaker?" I asked
Confused. "You see... I've never really had a lot of friends, and up until the first day of school, I had started actually talking to people," I explained. His face relaxed as he looked at me seriously. "I do like someone... I think. However, they probably don't think much of me," he said slowly.

I looked at him with widened eyes. "Anyone would be lucky to have you as a boyfriend! I say go for it!" I smiled cheering him on. "Heh.... what about you?" He asked. I figured he would ask back, but after yesterday I am confident in an answer. "Hehehe!!! Not at all.." I said with confidence. His face fell, and he looked a bit defeated. "I see; that makes sense why you wouldn't."

"What kind of things do you do for fun? Besides paint, of course."
"For fun?...." all I could think was a bunch of kid games I liked to play by myself. My room Was decorated with stuffed animals and other "girly" things that guys aren't supposed to have. "Well, I..... Ummm.... maybe cooking? I'm pretty good at cooking." I said with a finger on my chin. That's all I could think about. "Wow! Do you know how to cook? That is so cool." He smiled at me.

Gosh, he was so nice. I just wanted to hug him tightly and tell him how precious he was and that he is cool. "What do you like to do?" I asked. "Oh, I like to mostly play with my dogs. They are the greatest and super sweet! I always liked having friends over so we could all play with them," as his eyes started to light up talking about his pets, I smiled. He was so open about himself, why couldn't I just do that?

I opened up my lunch and started to eat what I had packed for myself. "That sounds great; I'm sure your dogs are amazing," I spoke. Ludwig looked me in my eyes, and I felt enchanted. He looked me straight in my eyes all the time, and I think it's the most meaningful thing anyone could do to me.  "Maybe one day you could come over and play with them," he suggested. "That would be amazing," I answered back.

It grew silent for a moment until Ludwig started to shuffle to find something in his bag. "By the way, the assignment you helped me finish went great. I got a perfect score on it," Ludwig showed me the drawing with the score, and I smiled. "That is amazing to hear, I'm glad I was of help."

"Do you have any siblings?" He asked.
"Yes, I, brother, but we don't live with each other at the moment."
"Oh I see, is he older?"
"No... we are twins... we just have different hair."
"That's cool!!!"
"Do you have any siblings?" I asked. "Yeah, a brother... he is in college though and only comes to see me on Fridays. Actually, he is coming over this Friday to my house." Ludwig pointed out. "That's cool! I was actually invited to a get-together on Friday. Look, this is the address."

"A get-together? That's weird; I am having one; who invited you?" Ludwig asked. "Alfred and Kiku, they sent this address," I answered. I showed him the message, and he nodded. "Well, that saves me the trouble," he breathed out, kind of annoyed. "What is it?"

"Well... that's my house, and I wanted to ask you to join us, but I see that idiot took it into his own hands."
"Oh no! It must have been a coincidence, we had all just met, and he said he liked me a lot," I explained. "Well, I hope to see you there, not many people will be there so don't worry. It will be me, Kiku, Alfred, Mathew, you, umm. I think Francis and Arthur might show up.... and I think that's it... unless they invited more people."

"Francis and Arthur? Do they work at a pet store?"
"Hmm? Yeah. Do you know them?"
"Oh... I met them yesterday."
"Oh? Were you getting pet food or something?" His last question made me freeze. I just walked in there to pet the animals and left. "Oh..... something like that.." I said, laughing.

"That's cool; well, I'm sure you have managed to meet people... except for Matthew, coincidentally. He is Alfred's brother, and he used to have a crush on my brother, but it didn't work out, and he moved on." Ludwig explained. That was a lot of information to take in suddenly. "Oh... speaking of that, is Arthur and Francis .... like a thing?" I asked.

"Ahhhh.... yeah, their relationship is very odd, but they are inseparable. Francis has been into him since our first year of high school, but Arthur doesn't reject or accept him," He explained. "I see; well, it's nice to know more people who will be there.." I smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Like
Comment 💖💖💖💖💖💖
Thanks for reading so far ❤️❤️❤️❤️