12

"Hey, Feli! Where are you going?" Someone in my class asked. "To lunch," I said plainly. "Can we talk somewhere, privately?" he asked. I lifted up my eyebrow a bit confused but nodded. I hadn't really talked to him before, but I knew who he was. It made me wonder what he wanted to talk about. "Great, follow me," he smiled. His name was Matthias, and we have been in the same class for some time now. I followed him outside of the school, and to a secluded area that was near where I was going for lunch. Maybe this kind of works out? I will be able to see Ludwig for lunch soon.

The painting I did of Alfred and Kiku was drying at home still and I knew that by the time I got home tonight, they were ready for finishing touches. It made me happy that I was able to spend a great time with both of them Sunday afternoon, and I can't wait to show them the final piece. After that, I'll be painting Arthur and Francis together. Francis suggested it, so I don't mind. It would be a little funny to see them fighting with each other about poses.

"Right here should be good." He spoke. I nodded and looked at him curiously; what was he going to do? "Feliciano..... I want to be honest with you!" He said, turning red. Wait a minute, this situation was like the one with Ludwig. "Go ahead.." I spoke softly. I began to sweat, knowing what was probably going to happen. "I've been in love with you for some time... for a very long time! And I..... will you... GO OUT WITH ME?!" He spoke.

My eyes widened, and my stomach started to feel funny. This had the same aura as the other day, so does that mean I brushed his feelings aside? Ludwig's feelings? "It is awe-inspiring that you were honest with me. Thank you so much, but I don't think we should," I spoke.

"What? Do you like someone else?" He asked sadly. Did I like someone else? If I said no, would that be a lie? Who did I see romantically? If I looked at someone and thought about kissing them, who would that be? "I'm not sure actually," I said looking down.

Matthias placed a hand on my cheek and made me look at him. "Maybe if we went out, would you learn to love me?" He asked. "I don't think so.... in fact. I am sure that we shouldn't date... I think I might have feelings for someone... maybe." I said softly. I turned away from him, and I heard him smack his lips. "I doubt it, you are always by yourself. So who could you possibly like? As I thought, you think you are better than everyone else. That is why you don't want to get close to anyone. You are a selfish person, and no one will ever love you!"

He grabbed onto my arm and made me face him. I was usually one to fight back, but his words hit me a certain way, and I wanted to cry. "You don't say anything because I'm right," he spat. He raised his hand to me, and I closed my eyes quickly. "No!!! Please don't!" I said loudly.

There was a sudden loud noise, but I didn't feel anything. Opening my eyes slowly, I could see that Ludwig had come. He punched that guy so hard that he fell on the floor. "Hey! Who do you think you are?" Matthias said annoyed. "Absolutely no one, but he told you no; that should be enough. It is not an entrance to assault!" Ludwig hissed.

He grabbed my arm and started to walk away until he stopped. "If I see you near him again, I won't hold back next time!" Ludwig said angrily. Wait, he held back? I think he could actually kill someone with a punch like that.

Ludwig continued to pull me away from that guy and to another place across the school. "Hey, you can let go now; I'm fine," I said. He didn't let go, though. I started to move my hand around, and I was able to release it. "You need to be more careful! What if he actually hit you? What if I wasn't there to help you?" Ludwig said, worried. He placed his hands on my cheeks and held me closely. "I don't know what I would have done if someone hurt you."

My eyes widened; he cared for me a lot. "Don't worry, I just... I froze up from what he told me." I answered. "What he said? It isn't true, don't listen to a guy like that. He doesn't take no for an answer, which isn't your fault." Ludwig said.

We both sat down on a bench and he continued to hold me close. My heart was beating out of control, and I thought I might move away. "Listen, I am fine. Don't worry," I said again. He finally let go of me and looked me in the eyes. "Wait, how did you know what he said? Were you watching us?" I asked with a lifted eyebrow. He began to get super nervous as I looked at him, confused. "Well... I happened to come across you both, and I was just curious," he laughed.

I looked at his red face and started to laugh. "Don't worry; I am glad you were there. He probably would have hit me, and I don't think I was mentally ready to fight back." I said sadly. "It's okay..." he spoke.  "How about we eat some lunch and forget about what happened?" I asked nervously. Good thing I didn't expose myself even more while talking to Matthias.  I dodged a bullet right there. I breathed out from my mouth and wiped my sweat off my forehead. I just want to go home and forget about today.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Like
Comment 💖💖💖
Thanks for reading so far ❤️❤️❤️❤️