10

A brush stroke is much more delicate than what people assume it to be. The breeze coming in from my window allowed me to breathe more peacefully as I painted. My blue Jean overalls were stained with paint that all had a purpose. That is how I see life and works of art they all have a purpose in some way, in some type of hidden agenda.

"Feli, your friends are here," my eyes opened quickly as I realized what today was. "Oh no!!! I forgot!" I said. I quickly got up and tried to wipe my face from any oils. "Hurry up; they are waiting outside," my grandfather said. I moved passed him and quickly ran downstairs to open the door.

"I am so sorry! I completely forgot what today was," I spoke. I looked at everyone who started to laugh at me. "What is it?" I asked, confused. I looked to Ludwig who was turning red once more. I moved to the side and allowed them to come in. "Here, you have paint on your face..." Ludwig said quietly. He placed his hand on my cheek while his other hand wiped off paint from my nose.

I couldn't help but feel so hot that I swore my head would explode. My eyes widened as he did this and I noticed how quickly he pulled away once he caught a glimpse of my eyes. "I'm sorry; I didn't want them to mess with you." He said, looking away. "It's no problem..."

I turned to look at everyone, who looked at us with a smirk on their face. I tried looking down, as Ludwig avoided their eyes. "Having fun?" Alfred asked. The only person who wasn't here was Matthew, and that was because he had work today. "I was just helping him out," Ludwig defended.

"Yeah!! We are very close friends! And that's what close friends do," I defended too. "Arthur, can I do that to you?" Francis whined. "If you place your frogging fingers on me, I will kill you," Arthur said with a glare.

"Well, let me take you up to my room... it might be a little messy, but it's the biggest room in the house, so there is enough space for everyone," I smiled. We all started to walk upstairs, and I felt my heart beat fast. They were going to see my room... the room where I didn't hide any of my stuffed animals or cute stuff.

I stopped on the outside of my door and breathed out slowly. "Please... don't judge me," I asked. They all looked at me, confused, as I opened the door. "Welcome to my room," I spoke softly.

I looked to Ludwig, who had a face of awe. Everyone walked in and started to look around. "Why does this not surprise me?" Alfred laughed. "You don't mind that I have a bunch of kid things in here?" I asked, confused. "Of course not; I mean, we all have our hobbies," Arthur said, shrugging.

"Oh, here!!! Let me move this..." I said nervously. My art stuff was in the way, and I wanted them to feel comfortable. "I brought cards!!" Alfred cheered. "Would any of you like anything to drink?" I asked.

"Oh yes, please!" Francis smiled. "Alrighty, I will get some," I answered. "Ludwig, you should go and help him," Arthur suggested. Everyone nodded in agreement, forcing Ludwig into his feet. He nodded at them so they would stop looking at him. "We will be right back," I said. Ludwig followed me outside of my room and down the stairs.

"Feli, I'm heading to the store. Do you need anything?" My grandfather asked from the front door. "Can you get some ice cream? Vanilla is fine," I answered. "Alrighty!" He called. Once my grandfather left, Ludwig and I were now alone downstairs.

"Hey, so I need to ask something serious."
"What is it?"
"Do you find me annoying?" I asked. I stood still in my kitchen and looked at him sadly. "What? Where did you get that from?" He asked, confused. "I don't know; you just always seem off around me. So I was wondering if I did something wrong," His eyes widened at what I said, and he suddenly placed both hands on my shoulders.

"Listen to me; there is nothing wrong with you. It is me that is off. Every time I am around you, I never know what to do. I like you a lot and want to make a good impression." He said, looking away. I reached for his face and softly pushed his face to look me in the eyes. "What do you mean?" I asked.

His hands moved from my shoulders up to my hair. Once he started to caress it softly, I finally dropped my hands from his cheeks. It felt nice to have this type of affection, but I started to feel embarrassed. "Feli, I like you, and I realize you don't know me enough even to consider me appealing, but I just want to tell you how I feel."

He likes me? Like as a friend? "Oh! I like you too! You are a perfect friend." I smiled. He looked sad as he started to cup my cheeks with his hands. "That's not what I mean," He spoke.

"What else do you mean?" I asked. My hands were rested on my sides, and the mood was super serious. We were so close, and I had no idea what to do. He surrounded me, and I felt like I could jump into his arms. "Feli... I.....I....I...." I could tell he was losing it. "Hey, don't worry, I think I understand what you mean" I smiled.

"No- let me say it."
"What is it?"
"Feli, I lik-...."
"FRANCIS, BACK UP!!!!" A voice yelled. Ludwig and I both looked at each other nervously. I could feel my stomach drop as we both turned toward the staircase. Ludwig walked over to them and looked angry. "What the hell are you doing?" He asked.

"You two were taking long, so we came to check on the both of you. But you were busy, so we waited..." Alfred laughed nervously. Their voices drowned out as I daydreamed about what had just happened.

~~~~~~~~~
Like
Comment 💖💖💖💖💖💖
Thanks for reading so far ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️