Chapter 1 - Shock

Chapter specific warnings - none really, just a bit of nudity and sadness (let me know if I forgot something pls)

If you had known what this day would bring, you would have stayed in bed, holding onto your husband just a little tighter. You would have told him to stay with you instead of going to work. You would have turned that goodbye peck to his cheek into a kiss full of love and adoration. You would have reminded him of how much you loved him and how lucky you were to be his wife.

If you had known that you would never get to speak to him again, you would have interrupted your work and picked up the phone when he called you.

It would be the last call he would ever make, and it would forever be left unanswered.

But alas, when you woke up on this fateful morning, you didn't know anything about the events that would be unfolding that day. So you went about your morning routine as usual - for the very last time.

You groaned when your alarm went off, you weren't much of a morning person. Your husband, on the other hand, was an early bird. Even before you managed to open your eyes, you could already feel his hand stroking your cheek.

"Good morning, beautiful."

You slowly opened your eyes, adjusting to the light. "You're way too happy in the mornings, Eiji," you said with a yawn.

You received a chuckle in response. "How could I not be? Waking up to the sight of my gorgeous wife every day."

You shuffled closer to him, and he put his arms around you. "We got to get ready, babe."

"I know, I know," you sighed. You hated getting up in the morning, it was such a drag. Leaving the bed was cold, and taking a shower was exhausting, but you knew it had to be done.

Eijiro got up first, kissing you softly and patting your head. "Don't fall back asleep, sweetie," he laughed.

"Shut up."

There might have been one instance where you had fallen back asleep, and he just wouldn't let you forget about that. You had missed a meeting that morning which really didn't sit well with your boss Taishiro, aka Fat Gum, considering you had just started out as a sidekick at the time.

So much had happened since then.

You watched Eijiro disappear in the bathroom and heard the shower switch on. You smiled, thinking about your life with your beloved husband. You had gone to the same class at UA and quickly became friends. Not long after, you had started dating and had been going strong ever since.

You raised your hand and looked at the shiny ring on your finger. Some people thought getting married at twenty-three was too early, but Eijiro and you knew that you wanted to spend the rest of your lives together. You had been married for two years now and recently bought your first house together. Sometimes you had to pinch yourself because you couldn't fathom just how blessed you were.

You stretched your still tired body and laid on the bed like a starfish. You were so lost in your thoughts, that you didn't even realise Eijiro had already finished his shower. He was standing in front of your bed, a towel loosely wrapped around his hips, giving you a first-class view of his toned torso. You couldn't help but stare at him in awe.

"Maybe you should take a picture," he laughed. "It'll last longer."

You looked up at his face. He gazed back at you with this sexy smirk of his, while drying his hair with a towel. He was so goddamn handsome. No matter how hot he was, though, he was also the biggest dork - always trying to tease you. But two could play at that game.