Chapter 7 - Guilt

Chapter specific warnings - really dark thoughts :( implied suicide intend... this one is heavy but there is also a lot of fluff!!

(a/n: I wrote this before Katsu's hero name was announced so I kept it as Ground Zero for now in case there are people that don't read the manga)

Katsuki didn't think that he would be able to simply walk you out of the doctor's office, had half expected you to stay there kicking and screaming until someone told you that you were pregnant. But he was proven wrong, you didn't make a scene. Instead, you were quiet, like an empty shell.

It reminded him of the state you were in right after you had received the devastating news of Eijiro's passing. He had thought that you had made progress since then, but now, all that progress seemed to have been lost. He knew that there wasn't much he could do to get through to you, so he decided that the best course of action was to get you home. Maybe that would get a reaction out of you.

He started driving to your house, looking over to you every now and then to make sure that you were still there, even if it was just physically. He wanted to talk to you, but he knew that words would be lost on you right now.

He had feared that you weren't pregnant, but he had thought that you knew your body better than anyone else. He blamed himself for not lowering your expectations before you had become too obsessed with the idea of carrying a baby inside of you.

He was still lost in thought when he could hear your weak voice speak up.

"Where are we going?"

He glanced at you from the side, immediately looking back on the road. "I'm getting you home, we're almost there."

You shook your head. "I don't want to go there."

"Then where do you want to go?"

For a moment, there was silence. "Could I... maybe stay at your place for a while?"

Too many emotions flurried through his body at the same time. He was happy to have you with him, but he also felt bad for you. What was going on inside of you that made you not want to stay in your own home? He realised that you were still waiting for an answer. You probably took his silence the wrong way.

"O-of course you can stay with me, (y/n)," he quickly said. "For as long as you want."

You gave him a weak smile. "Thanks, Suki. I don't know what I would do without you."

His heart was beating faster. You had no idea just how much he loved you. Letting you stay with him was nothing compared to everything else he would do for you if you just so much as asked him to.

He turned a left corner instead of a right and drove to his apartment instead of your house. You spent the rest of the ride in silence, both lost in thoughts. You were thinking of the fact that you would never be happy again and Katsuki was trying to think of ways to change precisely that.

He had promised Eijiro to take care of you and to make you happy. He was a man who stood true to his words, he wouldn't let his best friend down. He wouldn't let you down.

When you arrived at Katsuki's apartment, he was surprised to see you exit the car on your own and even walk up the stairs. He had thought that he would have to carry you - not that he would have complained about that.

Standing in his living room made you feel a bit calmer. You were glad that you didn't have to stay at your place. You couldn't stand to be surrounded by memories and familiar scents right now. The only scent you could deal with was Katsuki's.