C O L D

Y/N is now twelve years old.

          "Everyone, Time to wake up! We don't want to miss breakfast, right?" Emma beamed. Several groans escaped from their tiny mouths as they raise themselves up from their beds. "Good morning Mama!" The said girl called out, giving one of the children a piggyback effortlessly.

            "Good morning Emma." She replied, brushing one of the toddlers hair. "Morning Y/N!" The ginger mentioned. "Tch." You grunt, seating in one of the farthest chair in the table. "No matter how many times you approach her, she still won't be close as she was before, Emma." Ray stated plainly before digging his nose into the book. "I know but..." The red-haired whispered, gently dropping the child from her back.

             You rested on the chair, quietly consuming your food. A single crumb stuck onto your chin as you bit into the toast. "Oh my, Y/N. You're twelve years old and you still get pieces of food stuck-" You slapped the woman's hand away, giving her a nasty glare. "Don't touch me." You deadly muttered, not even bothering to look up at you mother. You simply wiped the food off yourself.

            The woman's face grew darker. "Alright, Y/N. I'll leave it to you, then," She says with a warn to tell you to not disrespect her again. "Hurry it up, my children! Today is your exam." She smiled. Everyone rushed their meal and quickly advanced into the test room. You finished your own and proceeded to join the other kids. You sat on one desk, slipping your headphones casually on like the rest.

 Time skip.

         "Time to announce the scores!" You're mother declared, happy as always. "Norman, Emma and Ray! Congratulations, you ace this one again." She finishes. Emma beamed as the two boys just smiled. Well, except for Ray. "Y/N, try harder next time." The woman says with a nasty smile. Everyone turned their head at you, sweat dropping. You still wore an expressionless face, looking at your desk with no emotion.

            "Y/N, do you want to study with me?" Emma questioned. "Actually I happen to speak with Y/N today." Your mother stated, motioning you to a private room. You stood up from your chair, walking over to the woman, As you strolled to the Mom, countless eyes followed you as well as Norman's and Ray's.

                She locked the door behind you as you entered. You knew her smile faded away once you two were alone. "I know you're failing on purpose," she paused before continuing. "Stop this nonsense. If you're doing this to get shipped first, then you'll be disappointed." You stood silent, your back turned on her. "Face me while I'm talking to you Y/N." She demanded with caution and venom. 

                 You didn't obey. She grabbed your arm tightly forcing you to turn her. "My sweet girl. Bear with it for awhile. After all, Connie is getting shipped out next." Every time each kid was send out to get 'adopted', you're mother would lock you into your room. There, you can cry it all out, knowing that, that day, was their final. Everyone thought you were just heartless, not giving your siblings a goodbye.

                  "Move, woman." You command, shoving her away to exit the room. You left and didn't say a word. "H-how about we play tag?" The ginger girl grew anxious at you. You avoided her, stepping into the library to read. There was some people that stayed inside the book room. Emma silently sighed at your behaviour. "I know! Let's play ball-!" You slammed the door before she even got to speak.

                     "Why is Y/N always like that, Emma?" Phil tugged on her skirt. "I'm sure she doesn't mean it, Phil... when she was your age, she was always happy and cheerful. But she changed now." She frowned. "Emma! I'm the tagger, get outside and prepare the little ones!" Norman called. 

                       "I'm coming, hehe!" She replied, grabbing Phi'ls hand and raced outside. The albino just watched her as she left. He went into the library to call you and Ray. He went to open the door but he was surprised after you appeared. You went out of the library and you stood face to face with Norman, nose almost touching.

                           "Move." You glared at him with venom. You shoved his shoulder and walked away to your room. "Did she scare you?" Ray asked. "N-no." The boy replied, staring at your distant figure. "Yeah right. Hey, you called me out to play tag with the rest of the kids, right? What are you waiting for? Let's go." Ray patted Norman in the back, rushing outside the door.