Chapter 34- Going Away

"Hey kid. Wake up."

"Nnnnngh." Midoriya rolled over in his bed.

"C'mon kid." Water poured on his face and he sat up, gasping for air.

"Yeah All Might?"

"It's time to say goodbye." He sat still for a moment, then nodded and stood up. Midoriya watched All Might walk out the bedroom door, and he started to put the room together, quietly.

He tucked the bedsheets back into place and fixed the drawers.

It was weird sleeping in his room for this first time in years, as he looked around at his walls, full of All Might photos and figurines.

He wiped away the dust on a photo of himself with his mom and dad, all of them smiling. He smiled at the memories he had made with them, and put to rest his nostalgia by hugging the picture. He set it back up on the ledge where it had sat before.

He left the bedroom for the last time.

He walked into the hallway, and saw his crying mother one last time as well. They hugged for a while, and Midoriya cradled his mother in his arms. All Might coughed loudly, obviously uncomfortable, signaling it was time to go.

"I-I just got you back, I don't want to lose you again!" Inko sniffed. Midoriya patted his mothers forehead.

"It's ok mom, I'll be back. And when I'm back, I want you sober and happy again." He smiled brightly, one that reminisced of his younger self. "Then we can be a family again, alright mom?" This only made Inko cry even more. All Might sighed, and then joined in the hug. When the tears were swept away, Midoriya and All Might left, Midoriya saying goodbye to nobody but his mother.

All Might and Midoriya rode the train for hours and hours. Midoriya eventually fell asleep in the lap of the old hero. All Might looked upon the sleeping boy as a father would do to their child.

Eventually, the train stopped, and Midoriya drifted into consciousness slowly.

"Last stop! Everybody off!" Someone yelled.

"Wh-where are we All Might?" All Might smiled.

"This is where you're going to stay for the next one and a half years of your life." Midoriya looked up at the empty train, then slowly rolled his eyes towards the window. He looked up and saw a tall building, stretching to the sky, almost disappearing from sight.

"Is this...."

"This is Shiketsu Academy Midoriya. You will train here to become a hero." He paused for a moment, before adding. "If you want. This is meant as an apology gift for not helping you sooner. If you don't want to be a hero anymore, I fully understand." When Midoriya didn't respond, All Might got worried and looked down, to see a crying boy. One that looked younger, more innocent, then the one that was actually sitting before him.

"Thanks you, All Might." The boy hugged All Might tightly, squeezing him as if he was his only lifeline.

No.

He was squeezing him because he WAS his only lifeline.

And All Might decided right there he'd be the father Midoriya never had.

Yeet

It's short

But the next one

She's the last one my dudes

Thanks for coming and reading.

Cya guys later

Signing off,

Swampertman