𝐑𝐞𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬𝐚𝐥𝐬

Pairings: Not applicable
Warnings: None
Pronouns: They/them

——————————

The three of them had been trailing around the turning platform in the centre of the stage for what felt like forever. But despite the length of the number that they were putting on, it still felt heavenly to be up there in front of the empty audience during their rehersal. The feel of the spotlight beating down on them and the smiles that were flashed throught their group as they knew that they could just have fun. And it was fun. Which is one of the main things that they loved about rehearsals. It was they didn't have the stress of having to impress everybody there and that they could just sing to their heart's content.

"I've been readin' common sense by Thomas Payne, so men say that I'm intense or I'm insane." (Y/n)'s singing voiced over the sounds of Niki and Minx's announcement of the lines 'New York'. All three of their smiles were clearly heard through their voices as they tried their best not to laugh through each of their lines. "You want a revolution? I want a revalation! So listen to my declaration!" All of their parts overlapped one another, creating a beautiful melody to enchant the audience that were to hear it.

(Y/n) spun around so that they could form a little triangle between their two friends. Their pink, blue and yellow dresses spun around in a flowing motion as they all held their hands up to the peak of their shape, dancing around each other as they did a little high-five during their stride.

"We hold these truths to be self evident that all men are created equal!" They belted out, their different voice types harmonising perfectly with each other.

"Look around, look around at how lucky we are to be alive right now!" (Y/n) first broke from the chain, following Niki and Minx who then formed a line. "History is happening in Manhattan and we just happen to be in the greatest city in the world!" Their hips bopped to the beat, holding their hands out so that they could sway in time to the music.

"In the greatest city in the world!" The company that were gathered around the three of them chimed in, causing Niki to look over her shoulder at the others with a huge smile plastered across her face.

"Work, work."

"Angelica!" (Y/n) spun into the center of the stage, waving their dress around as they danced in time to the rhythm.

"Work, work."

"Eliza!" Nihachu joined in, quickly clasping (Y/n)'s hands as they gazed intently into their eyes before looking back in the empty hall with excitement, matching the same energy her character had. They posed as if they were looking out into a beautiful set of New York city, like their eyes were caught on the mesmerising sight of the town that seemed to be buzzing with people and blooming with life.

"And Peggy!" Minx cheered, pushing between the two of them and wrapping both of her arms around her best friends to settle herself in the middle. Niki felt a short giggle escape her lips as she turned towards her left to shoot a quick glance at Minx, who reciprocated the same happy smile.

"The Schuyler Sisters!" They all cheered, facing their heads outwards back at the hall.

"We're looking for a mind at work!" As their lines were belted out, they all separated into different areas of the stage, continuing their own bits for their choreography. Minx clutched tightly onto her dress as she faced the other two from the opposite side of the stage with a huge smirk while Niki clasped her hands together in excitement.