Chapter 5 || Neon

I woke up on the couch in the living space in the same clothes I was wearing the day before, "Oh, god, disgusting," I muttered, "I need to take a shower, I feel so gross,"

I walked into my room and grabbed a change of clothes, a white dress shirt, a black sweater, an old pair of high waisted jeans with rips in the knees, and a few other things, and got in the shower.

When I got out Gon was in the kitchen doing homework, "G'morning, Killua," He said cheerfully, "I saw you sleeping, but you looked so peaceful, so I decided to leave you be,"

My green-haired roommate handed me a mug with pitch-black coffee in it, "Thanks," I said taking a long sip

"God, you're weird," Gon said

"What do you mean by that," I asked looking up from my cup, "Who drinks coffee black, that's just plain odd, no one does that," He said twirling a pencil between his two fingers

"Well, I do that so get used to it," I deadpanned, I took another sip, "Mmm, don't classes start in a couple of days,"

"YUP!" He yelled, "Also, your outfit looks pretty cool today,"

That comment made my cheeks heat up slightly.

Don't stutter, "T-thank you,"

Fuck.

He smiled at my little mistake which only made me blush more.

-------time-skip-------

I woke up to the harsh blaring of my alarm. Today's the day I start classes. It was 7 am and my introductory class started at 10 am.

I got up and opened up my small closet taking out the clothes I was going to wear for the day

A loose black turtleneck, a pair of high-waisted blue jeans, white socks, and dark blue converse that were sitting by the door

I did my morning routine, take a shower, brush my teeth, etc., etc. At this point it was 8:30 I grabbed my camera bag and slung it over my shoulder, poured myself a cup of coffee, slipped in my shoes, and jogged down the stairs waving to Kurapika on my way out.

I checked my watch and it was nine o'clock, the walk to the art building was about 10-20 minutes depending on how fast you walk. I reached my class around 9:15 and there was only one person there plus the teacher. I walked up the stairs of the lecture hall and chose a seat close to the back. As the time approached 10 only two or three more people came into the making a total of six people including me and the teacher.

"Wow, this is really depressing," I mumbled to myself

"I know right," a short, blue-haired girl said sliding into a seat in the row in front of me placing a small purple camera on the desk.

"Ooh, what model is that," she asked with interest in her eyes, "Ohmigosh, I am so sorry, I forgot to introduce myself, my name is Neon, Neon Nostrade,"

I'm getting overwhelmed by this situation, "U-umm, My name in Killua, and this is a Nikon D3500,"

Neon took my hand and shook it, "It's nice to meet you Killua," She said, holy shit she's like a female version of Gon

"That's an excellent model, I only brought my spare, so I don't lose my main one," Neon said

"Oh- it's nice to meet you too," I said my foot violently tapping under the desk

"Oop- I'm so sorry, I'm making you anxious aren't I," She said returning to her seat, "Well, the class is about to start so, I guess I'll talk to you after,"

The teacher got up from her desk, "Good morning everyone," She said in a cheerful tone of voice, "I will be your teacher, Biscuit Kreuger, you can call me whatever, Bisky, Biscuit, but don't you dare call me Mrs. Kreuger, it makes me feel old,"

"Now, today, you will be presenting your summer assignments," Bisky said, "If no one volunteers I will call on you, and you don't want that,"

This one kid with a bowl-cut stood up and walked toward the front of the class, he looked annoying, "Mmm, hello," He said, his voice sound hella nasally, "My name is Thomas,"

"Knew it," Neon said sighing

"What do you mean," I asked curiously, She grabbed her stuff and came and sat next to me, "I knew he would go with that theme,"

There were three themes we could choose from, music, nature, and vintage. He chose vintage, there were five photos in total, and they all looked like they were taken in an antique shop. And if he edited them, he didn't do a very good job.

I took out a flashcard and started to sketch on it, without thinking I drew Gon, "Ooh, are you drawing? Can I see it?" Neon whispered with interest

"Hmm? S-sure," I slid the card over to her

She gasped, "Oh my god is that the hotty from the biology course?" Neon asked

"What? You know Gon," I asked as the next person went up to the front

"Ooh, so that's his name. Yeah, every one girl in the university knows him, I hear people talking about him all the time,"

"You in the back, white hair," Bisky called out, I looked up, "Yes you get down here and present,"

I nodded and grabbed my computer, I felt people staring at me as I walked down the steps. I reached the front and shared my screen and displayed it on the whiteboard.

Edit: I was reading through this and I realized, in every single other chapter I have written I changed that Thomas kids name to Steven I can't breath oml