Chapter Seventeen: Symbol of Love

I kindly grab the box from him and open it. I look and see a piece of paper. "Oh, thank you. What is it exactly?" I ask nervously.

He gave me a piece of paper for christmas.

He puts the box on his nightstand and pulls out the paper. "Read it out loud." He snickered. I grabbed the piece of paper from his hands. "Timor chartam." I muttered. Suddenly, the paper shot up into the air. It slowly falls back down and Draco catches it in the box.

"I didn't get you anything yet. This is a timer paper. Basically when the timer is up, it'll shoot into the air and rip itself up. You should have a present by then." He explains.

I smile at him before giving him a peck on the cheek.

"Goodnight Draco."

It was in that moment I knew that I had fallen for him. Though I didn't know how deep.

"I love you."

He tenses up at my words. He looks at me, then pulls away, moving farther away on his bed. Did he not feel the same? He squirms a bit, as if he didn't want to touch me just then.

"Yeah. Goodnight, Moon." He muttered softly, not looking back at me.

The next morning I wake up in an empty bed. He was gone before I woke up. I open my trunk and get dressed. Once I'm done getting ready I go down to the common room and find many of my housemates opening presents.

"Moon, hey. We were just about to go to Hogsmeade. Care to join us?" Pansy asks, looking up at me. I nod and they both get up from the couch.

Maybe this is how I can forget about what happened last night. Forget about Draco. Forget about all this drama and go have some fun.

"Fine, you got me. I'm in." I laugh. They walk on both sides of me, taking my arms. "You're going to love it there." Victoria mentions. We all joke around on our walk to Hogsmeade, talking about what would be in store for us.

Literally.

The first place we go into is a small shop selling jewelry. "This is the brightest blue I've ever seen." Pansy laughs, holding up a bright blue necklace. Victoria puts her hand on her hip. "You'd never be able to pull that off. Black is more your color." She informs.

I walk away from them ands look at other necklaces. I pick up one with a small emerald gem inside.

Emerald.

"Wow, that one's nice." Victoria mentions behind me. I turn to see her smiling at it. "What does it mean?" She asks. "My birthstone." I explain as I give her the necklace to hold. She lifts it up to examine it. "It's worth at least three galleons. Are you thinking about buying it?" She asks.

I shake my head. "It's pretty but I might want something else." I explain softly. She gives a smile before handing me back the necklace and walking away.

I wanted the necklace.

But the truth is, I had no money. Not in the Wizarding World that is. I could never tell anyone that, though. I'm too ashamed.

"Let's go to the three broomsticks. Moon since you've never been there we'll tell you all about it. They have the most amazing butterbeer anyone can ask for." Victoria explains. Pansy nods her head in agreement. They pull me out of the store and we make our way to the three broomsticks.

We walk in and I see Hermione, Ron, and Harry sitting down at a table.

"Can we sit with them?" I ask. Pansy gives me a pleading face, telling me no. "Of course we can." Victoria nods excitedly and pulls us both to the table. Pansy and Victoria keeping their distance from the boys as I sit next to Hermione.