First Date (Reiki x Lucas)

Let's fuckin do this.

Song: Look Up At The Stars - Shawn Mendes

(Lucas's P.O.V)

I checked my watch for the fifth time in the 15 minutes I've been standing here. The street was filled with stores and restaurants on each block, and the light from inside each one illuminated the night. 

I look behind me into the restaurant that looked far too expensive for me to afford. The glow from inside came from the candlelit tables and the glossy chandeliers hanging above. 

It was a new restaurant in the area that seemed to have high ratings. I mentioned that it appeared interesting and it would probably be really nice to dine there.

But I didn't expect him to offer to take me out to dinner. 

But now I'm standing here, outside the restaurant, in my formal attire, which consisted of brown pants, a nice pair of dress shoes, and a white button-down shirt that was rolled up to my elbows. 

A nice outfit that my mother helped me pick out, considering she has the best fashion sense in the family.

I recheck my watch to see that he is now 20 minutes late. I look around to see if there's any sign of him. 

But there wasn't.

He probably stood you up. 

My lip trembled, and tears threatened to spill out. But I clenched my teeth and maintained a grip over myself, and swallowed my emotions. I'll save it for my pillow.

"Tch, asshole," I mumble to no one in particular as I shoved my hands in my pockets and started to drag myself back home.

I only managed to take three steps until I heard the quick footsteps treading from behind me. My heartbeat picks up when I whip my head around to see the vibrant redhead running towards me and slowing down once he got to me.

"Oh my god. I'm so glad you're still here," he panted out, crouched over, trying to catch his breath. 

I looked over his disheveled state. His black dress shirt sleeves were rolled up his arms and looked to be a bit damp from sweat. He began the motion of fixing his hair with his hands. He gave me a clear view of the tattoo that rested under his left eye, which was, in fact, an inherited birthmark from his father. However, he was a bit different from his old man.

He looked amazing, nonetheless. 

"Fuck you, Reiki," I spat at him. "You really have the audacity to ask me out and then get here almost half an hour late."

"I know. I'm sorry," he said heavily, for he was still trying to catch his breath. "Rose made me change into like ten different outfits until we finally found one that met her standards." He was finally able to breathe normally. "I didn't realize how long we had taken, so I sprinted all the way here. I'm sorry if I made you feel like I stood you up. You know that wasn't my intention at all." 

I stood there with a raised eyebrow, letting him know that he's already screwed up. 

"You look great, by the way," he added, hoping to please me.

His copper eyes held tiny flexes of green and glints of gold. It was always easy to get lost in them.

"Whatever. Let's just go inside," I brushed off his apology. 

~~~

They say you learn a lot about a person when you spend more time with them.

And I learned that Reiki and fancy formal places don't belong within a hundred-meter radius from each other. Within the first five minutes of sitting down, he spilled his water. He made jokes that had no right being so funny but were definitely not appropriate for the setting.