LXXXVIII

EIGHTY-EIGHT

this tonks forever has my heart

shes too fuckin pretty

There were far too many people in the Hospital Wing but none of them were injured...well, all but one. Had it been any other day Madame Pomfrey would have ushered out the Weasley's, Blacks, Potters and singular Lupin but, all things considered, she left the adults to gush over their children and exchange muttered words over what was going to happen next. Bill Weasley lay in a bed, his face tarnished with deep, bloody wounds, and his family and friends surrounding him, regarding his cuts warily as Madame Pomfrey dabbed at his face gently with a cloth.

"Snape..." Remus covered his mouth in shock as he held Mia to his chest. Harry had told all of the adults what he had seen and heard on the Astronomy Tower when Dumbledore was killed and they were struggling to process the fact that the murder was committed by none other than Severus Snape.

"I never knew what made Dumbledore trust him." James muttered, his arms around his wife and son, both of whom were crying. "But he never let us question him."

"Snape convinced him that he'd changed," Harry said thickly, "He said something about Mum."

"Lily?" James shared a look with his sister and Eloise put a hand up to her forehead, "That absolute-"

"Snape wasn't that one that was supposed to do it," Harry went on, "He wasn't supposed to kill Dumbledore."

"Who was?" Sirius asked and Harry swallowed, his eyes darting towards Mia,

"Theodore Nott." he said and Mia covered her mouth, her eyes filling with tears, "Malfoy's task was to get the Death Eaters into the castle and Nott's task was to-"

"Oh, my Merlin that poor boy." Eloise's voice shook,

"They would've killed him if he didn't do it." Mia whispered but what she didn't know was that Voldemort wouldn't have killed Theo, he would have killed her. Which was the precise reason that Theo was so willing to do as he was told.

"Bill!" the Hospital Wing doors slammed open and three worried faces came rushing in. Molly ran forward and embraced her son, Tillie pulling along a terrified Fleur behind her. Tillie left her friend with her fiance and rushed to Alfie, letting him crush her in a hug as they whispered to each other about how happy they were that they were safe. The couple kissed and pulled apart to see Fleur and Molly crying and embracing each other whilst everyone else simply looked confused.

"You see!" Tonks said suddenly, glaring at Remus and Eloise and Sirius shared a wide-eyed look, as though they knew what was about to happen, "She still wants to marry him, even though he's been bitten! She doesn't care!"

"That's different." Remus said, becoming tense, "He won't be a full werewolf, Dora."

"Why can't you understand that I don't care!" the purple-haired woman stood in front of him so he could see the tears in her eyes. "I've told you a million times that-"

"And I've told you a million times! It's because I'm too old for you! And too poor and too- dangerous."

"Oh, Moony." Eloise sighed and everyone looked at her, "Don't be a moron."

"I'm not joking around, Elle!"

"Neither am I!" Eloise walked over to Tonks and wrapped her arms around her shoulders, "Stood in front of you right now is a beautiful, young, strong and independent woman that is in love with you and you're turning her down?"

"Do you think I want to do this?!" Remus raked his hands through his hair, "Do you think I want to seclude myself and deny this? I have to, Elle! I can't risk it...not again." his voice grew hoarse and Eloise's face softened, she walked closer to him,

"Robyn's death wasn't your fault, Remus." she said sincerely and Tonk's eyes widened, she hadn't even thought about that, "Just let yourself be happy."

"You deserve love, Moony." Sirius said and Remus looked over at his friend, "And some action...it's been what? Eighteen years?"

"Shut up, Sirius." Remus muttered but there was a small smile on his face.

"It's okay to move on, Remus." James spoke up and attracted everyone's attention. He smiled at Thalia and then at Harry, at those emerald green eyes, "Trust me." he winked and Remus looked over at Tonks. He cautiously stepped over to her and looked nervous, like a teenager again,

"Well-"

"Oh, shh." Tonks said and wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him down to kiss her. The Hospital Wing erupted in slightly hushed cheers and the mood of the room was significantly lifted. Only Harry noticed the shadow fly past the window and heard the soft song coming from outside. He looked closer and saw red and gold feathers...Fawkes. Remus and Tonks pulled apart and James and Sirius jumped on their friend, ruffling his hair and patting him on the back.

"Now everyone has ties to the Black family!" Mia smiled and the Marauders all laughed, wrapping their arms around each other,

"Oh, my mother would hate this." Sirius grinned at his wife and two best friends,

"That's how we know this is a good thing."

~~~

"So you're not coming back to Hogwarts?" Mia asked and Harry shook his head making Alfie exhale loudly and run a hand through his hair. The three teenagers were sat on the Astronomy Tower, looking out over the grounds as the sun set behind the clouds so streams of orange peeked through the cover to caress the ground.

"What will hunting Horcruxes entail anyway?" Alfie asked and Harry shrugged helplessly,

"I don't know. Sleeping rough probably, and not knowing how long we'll be out there."

"Oh, Harry," Mia rested her head on her cousin's shoulder, "I'm going to be the only Marauder child left at Hogwarts now that you two are leaving." she sighed and Harry wrapped his arm around her, "I'm scared for you."

"I'll be okay, Mimi," he reassured her softly, "I'll have Hermione and Ron with me and, besides, I've already got a head start." he pulled something out of his pocket and Alfie spotted the gold chain he had seen earlier when Harry was leaving Dumbledore.

"What's that." he asked and was handed a locket. It was heavy and cold to the touch, with a large S engraved on the front.

"Look inside." Harry told him and Alfie opened the locket, pulling out a piece of paper that he read aloud to both of them. "The only thing I don't know is who this R.A.B. is." Harry muttered as the sibling shared a look over him.

"I think we may be able to help with that." Alfie said quietly and Harry looked over at him before turning to Mia and looking into her icy, blue eyes.

short but sweet

kinda didn't write about alfie n tillie's newts but we move they happened and they wouldnt be that interesting to read about anyway