Chapter 15

Note: In this chapter, injuries are described. If you aren't comfortable with reading, I'll post a small summary at the bottom of the page for you so you don't miss out.

At the sound of the shot, she immediately ignited her saber and ricocheted the bullet with ease into the dust-covered canyon wall. She got an eye on the shooter and instantly ran to catch them.

They had the high ground quite a ways up the canyon wall so she decided to run along the valley of the canyon until she could get a better footing in the wall to force jump.

As she ran, a trail of bullets followed her. They weren't after all of them. They were after just one person clearly. Herself. 'Why are they after me?!' She asked herself, continuing to deflect blaster bolts as she ran.

She could eventually map out a good place to force jump against the wall and leaped through the air. She somersaulted in her landing on the ledge where the shooter was perched. She held the glowing blade in front of her, almost challenging them. She couldn't see anything on the shooter's face as it was covered by a shadow, except their mouth, which curled into a wicked grin. They pulled out a different gun, one that shot INCREDIBLY fast. It looked similar to Hardcase's but this one was smaller and more compact. 'Uh oh,' she muttered in her mind. She should have been expecting something this.

She deflected the first bunch of bolts but they were coming faster than she could deflect them. All of a sudden she felt pain in her shoulder and after that her forearm. She could feel it burn her flesh and she let out a grunt as well as winced. The shooter used the slight moment she was distracted to shot a wire out around her legs. By the time she noticed, it was too late. The shooter yanked on the cord which caused Saasha's feet to fly out from under her, forcing her to the ground. While her body fell to the ground, her head smashed against the rock wall behind her. Her vision went incredibly blurry that she couldn't make anything out. Everything was muffled like her ears were underwater.

After a couple of moments, her sight slowly started to become clearer and her ears less muffled. She felt she was sat up against the canyon wall and  she looked up to see a clone beside her. She could sense it was Kix, and it didn't really surprise her. She was about to talk but she heard talking instead and focused her eyes in the direction of the voices. Just moving her head made her feel pain shot up her neck and her head felt like it was being painfully squeezed. 

"Look, I'm not here for you or your pathetic clones, just give me the girl and the rest of you get to live." the shooter said, aiming his gun at her, finger on the trigger. "That won't be happening," Anakin said firmly standing in between the shooter and her, deep crystal blue blade in front of him. He sliced the shooter's gun in half and secured him against the wall so fast the shooter didn't have time to react. He placed handcuffs on him that Jesse tossed to him after the mysterious man put up some resistance.

"Saasha, can you hear me?" Kix asked, still kneeling in front of her. She slightly nodded her head followed by a wince. 

Jesse held the shooter while the others gathered around Saasha. She had been shot before, not seriously, but she still knew what it felt like. But these shots were the least of her problems, it was her head. It hurt so bad. Fives quickly unfastened the backpack that was on his back and got some medical supplies out. Kix quickly yet somehow gently wrapped her shoulder and arm to stop the blaster wounds from releasing too much blood. As he did this she closed her eyes as the Geonosis sun was glaring right into them only made her head hurt more, and she leaned her head against the wall behind her to try to stop the world from spinning.

"Saasha, keep your eyes open. I know it hurts but you have to stay awake," she heard Anakin's voice say and felt a hand on her good shoulder. She peeled her eyes open and Anakin was on the other side of her.

"We've gotta get her outta here," Kix said after finishing the bandages. Her world started to fade again, not blurry this time, but into darkness. She fought to keep her eyes open as Anakin said but it hurt so bad. She could faintly hear her name, like someone across a large field was yelling to her. She fought back the darkness as long as she could, but she eventually gave in and was engulfed by the abyss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Summary for those who didn't want to read it)

Saasha is seriously hurt as she attempts to catch the shooter, who she realizes is after her. They race against the clock to get her back to Coruscant safely.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anakin would be triggered after seeing this sign

(Meme does not belong to me of course.) 

Hope you guys are enjoying the book so far! I also have another One-Shot that I started for my other book but I'm not sure when it will be out.

School is starting back up again next week (boooooo) so I may not have as much time to write but I'll try my best!

Have a good day everyone!