Chapter 29: Sports Festival & Hero Exam Preparation

3rd Pov:

A few months had passed since the start of the semester and the sports festival was upon the school again. However, this time the Featherless group decided against joining it. They already knew they were the strongest in the school currently. As such, they suggested to the school that they could help train students for the festival and would spar against anyone that wanted to train. The school accepted this idea and soon spread the word about their offer to the students. Featherless would be waiting in the main gym for training every day during 3 weeks of training preparation that the school provides students. 

They had quite a few students that came for the training. Izuku spent most of his time in quirk analysis of students and offered them new ideas on how to use their quirks. Luke and Kyle were offering evasion training by using their tails to attack people who would attempt to dodge them. Seth would offer strength training and someone to fight against quirkless. Leon offered stealth training and quirk combat.

They repeated this day in and day out for the several weeks that the school offers free periods to train. Soon it was time for the sports festival to start. The boys had figured out who was most likely to win this year depending on the events. There was one boy who had an interesting puppet control quirk. If he created the puppets himself then he could control the said puppet through strings that he sent off that became incorporeal once attached. This was an interesting quirk since he could attach cameras to the puppets and control them from afar distance if he gets the training in. Izuku suggested to him at creating a puppet inside a puppet. The idea behind this was that if a puppet was destroyed then he could act like it was done with and when the enemy let their guard down he could control the smaller puppet to attack. 

The first event for the festival was a dodge ball event. For every hit you had gotten then you gained a point. If you got hit you lost a point. If you hit zero then your out. This went on until they either had enough people out or time ran out and they would take the required amount of people for the next round. Soon it came to an end and the puppet kid was in the first place so far. Soon the second event started and it was a tournament-style match like last time.

There were some interesting quirks in play but overall the kids that had trained with the Featherless team were outperforming the kids that didn't train for the three weeks. The staff of the school did notice this since they had paid close attention to the Featherless training in the gym. There was staff posted in the gym and they were recording via cameras and knew that everyone that was making it to the last rounds had all trained with them. Not a single person that was in the last few rounds didn't train with the Featherless group. Soon the last round came and it was the puppet kid vs a kid with a wind-controlling quirk. This battle was interesting, to say the least, but in the end, the puppet user looked like he was going to lose. He decided to charge after he lost all of his puppets which made the other kid come near the center which put the puppet behind him. At that moment the puppet user-activated his quirk and out came a smaller puppet from the bigger one and was able to capture the wind-controlling quirk user. 

It was official, the puppet quirk user won. "His quirk is really interesting and if we ever look to hire sidekicks or other heroes for the agency I think he would make a good fit. He took all of our advice with open ears and applied it here." Izuku said. The other boys could only agree since they saw where the kid was before he trained with them and then after he trained with them. The kid was a first-year that was in general education. However, you can bet he would be placed in the hero course after this. 

The boys did receive word that the puppet user did get accepted into the hero course. Soon a week had passed since the sports festival and now it was time for the team to start working on preparation for the hero exam itself. Overall, they spent time with their work-study to get most of the preparation in. Their work-studies would do quizzes at a random time on random laws that they would need to know for the exam since it included a written exam. As such one question was about a random law on if a hero felt a child was in danger that they could use emergency powers to remove the said child from the parent's care. Another random law was that heroes could authorize civilians and heroes in training for quirk usage in times of crisis and the term crisis was a broad term in most cases that could be applied to many situations. 

As such, the boys were getting their minds prepared and their bodies prepared. Soon though Hisashi demanded that the boys take a break and relax. "You have been training non-stop. You've been training at the school, during the work-studies and then you arrive home and go down to the Titan floors to train non-stop for the past month and a half! If you're not ready by now then nothing will change with the last 2 weeks before your hero exam. No matter what happens we will all be proud of you but you need to rest before you all drain yourself dry. Now go play in the game room or watch a movie in the home theater that we just had finished and just relax." Hisashi stated. 

As such, the boys all went and found the home theater room that Hisashi had built recently since everyone just stays at his home all the time anyway. The room was built with them in mind for the most part regarding the seating situation.

"He had these built due to us didn't he?" asked Izuku and the other boys just confirmed

"He had these built due to us didn't he?" asked Izuku and the other boys just confirmed. Izuku, Kyle, and Luke went and sat in the front left seat and cuddled while Leon and Seth went in the right-back long seat and cuddled close to each other on it. Soon they found a movie and watched it until they all fell asleep in the room.