32: Fated Date (2)

Techno's POV
The walk was fairly far away, but I didn't mind. Gave me time to recollect my thoughts.

A few days ago, I confided in both Phil and Wilbur about these feelings I had towards Dream. How my stomach churned whenever I heard his voice, the butterflies I get whenever we bumped shoulders. They said I had a crush on him, and maybe I did.

Though, I don't think Dream likes me back.

Either way, we may end up seeing tonight.

~

Finally, after a long ass walk, we made it to the arcade. I'm not sure if the owners were going for "hiding in plain sight" or not, but it was like a dark building next to a mall of some sort that had vibrantly colored walls.

"Shall we?" Dream's voice entered my brain slowly as I recognized we had reached the doors.

"Uh, yeah," I said, quickly regaining my composure as I drew open the door. Dream nodded as he stepped ahead of me.

The two of us approached the counter to get our cards to play the machines. I hadn't been to an arcade in a long time, so my skills were decently rusty.

"You ready?" Dream asked as he handed me a card he got from the lady at the counter. I nodded in response as we headed towards the game area.

Even if I'm rusty, I'm sure this will be fun.

~~

Dream's POV
Hanging with Techno at an arcade is...odd? Normally, we'd just play Minecraft, but being here, surrounded by tons of people and old games, was different.

Even so, he claims he's rusty, but the man has won so many tickets by just playing like three games!!

What a try hard...

"Wanna play that?" I asked pointing towards one of the dancing games. There's no way in hell he can beat me!

"Sure," he shrugged as he waddled towards it. After climbing onto the little dance pad, we quickly swiped each of our cards, and picked a song. Without telling him, I obviously chose a difficult one. I've been to this arcade plenty of times in the past. When I was a kid, I'd always play this game, too. Surprisingly, I was good at it. So maybe, just maybe, I could beat him in this game.

The moves filtered onto the screen, rushing from the bottom of the screen to the top. I started off great! I checked on Techno who fell behind a little bit, his face looked completely dazed at how fast the moves scrolled past. I looked back towards the screen, coming up with the conclusion that it was a bad choice to look away. I misplaced my foot, causing myself to stumble and almost fall over. Luckily, I caught myself and picked up my pace. I glanced over at Techno to find his face softened, and his feet moving quicker than before. He wasn't stepping incorrectly, in fact, he was doing a lot better too!

In the end, I ended up losing. I sighed in defeat as the song faded out, and Techno laughing from his victory.

"Let's go play some more," I suggested as I shrugged off the utter defeat. Techno smiled a little and nodded.

~

The rest of the night was hella fun! We won a bunch of tickets, and we ended up pulling our tickets together. We even bought the biggest prize they sold. The prize was a pig. I ended up letting Techno keep it since I dragged him out here and it matched his brand, as he says.

"Tonight was fun!" I said as we headed out of the arcade. The sun already had set as we stepped out. Guess we lost track of time. "Since it's dark, I'll walk you home?" I suggsted, maybe with a little too much hope in my voice.

"Alright," he said, seeming to hesitate a little.

...

Fuck I hope this won't be awkward...

~~

Hiii
OKAY I'M A HUGE FUCKING GEEK FOR YUGIOH LOOOOK-

Sorry it's sideways, bUT THEY'RE SHINY AND PRETTII WILL NEVER LOSE OR BEND THEM OR I WILL EN-:)Yugioh was a big part of my childhood, and rewatching the original series gave me a lot of nostalgia

I WILL NEVER LOSE OR BEND THEM OR I WILL EN-
:)
Yugioh was a big part of my childhood, and rewatching the original series gave me a lot of nostalgia. Plus my shipping brain went brrr as I watched my fav ship battle evil with these cards
OKAY I'M SORRY-
ANYWAY LOVE YOU BYE-!!!! <3