Chapter 3

"Did you wake up on the wrong side of bed this morning?"  Tartaglia twirled his polearm behind him as he walked over to you.  "That was the worst attack sequence I've ever seen in my life!"

"Stop provoking me, Childe!"  You pursed your lips and shot towards him with your blade.  There was only so much of his arrogance you could handle, especially when it came to the early morning hours.  He shot you down once again before you had a chance to land a blow.

"Honestly, even with a vision, you wouldn't be able to take me," he gloated with his signature smirk.  "I admire your tenacity, though.  Don't get me wrong."  He held his hand out to you, but you smacked it away.  A boyish smirk replaced his initial shock.  "Oh, I know what this is.  It's shark week, right?"

"Childe, I swear to Rex Lapis that I will impale you if you continue."

"'Shark Week?' We do not have sharks in Liyue," Zhongli held his chin in deep thought as he pondered Childe's words.  "Are you saying that in other parts of Teyvat, sharks have an effect on humans?  This is the first I've heard of such a thing..."

"No no, it's--"  You elbowed Childe in the ribs before he could finish.

"Breakfast is ready!" Aether's voice cut through the air like your savior.  "Huh?  What's with the tension?"

You glared at Childe, to which he answered for the two of you with a smile, "Tension? What tension? We're all good here."

.............................................

"Ugh, Paimon is full," the mascot groaned and rubbed her stuffed belly while she floated in the air.  "Paimon doesn't think we should move for awhile."

"Because floating takes so much energy, right?" Aether's teasing knew no bounds.

"Yes, that's right!" The joke flew over Paimon's head until she realized everyone was holding in their laughter.  "H-hey!  Now everyone has it out for me?!"

Xiao sat quietly against a tree and listened to the banter between his teammates.  He wasn't one for small talk.  To their left, Childe and Zhongli were discussing something in low voices.  Childe kept glancing over at you.

"Tch." Xiao glared daggers at him and stood up, sensing danger.  Instead he was greeted with a composed Zhongli.

"We will take a short cut through Wangshu Inn.  We can restock on supplies and try out their new dishes while we're at it."

"Why Wangshu Inn? Couldn't we just backtrack to Liyue Harbor?"  You caught up with Aether and Zhongli at the front of the group.  

"Wanshu Inn is run by the Liyue Qixing.  Xiao will have to inform them of any potential threats surrounding Liyue, so he will need to return at some point.  If we have him conduct a meeting now, we won't have to return for quite some time for his next meeting."  Zhongli continued along the path.  "While we gather more food supplies, we can also try out their new dishes.  I believe Childe said that they contained a rare chocolate bean from Inazuma."

"Chocolate?" You drooled at the thought of sweets.  It had been awhile since you departed with the group from your village, so you didn't have the luxury to eat everything you were used to.  Childe scoffed behind you, but you paid no attention.  "Ooooooh I wonder what it is!  I can't wait to try it."

"Indeed, it has been some time since I visited Inazuma.  Perhaps their traditions in making chocolates have changed over time..."  Zhongli went on to explain the history of chocolates for the next several hours.  Not that you minded, though; his voice was as smooth as the smoothest of chocolates.  Before you knew it, you had reached your destination.

Xiao noticed somewhere along the way that Childe was now talking to Aether in a hushed voice behind him.

"O-order whatever you want!" Aether's voice nearly cracked when he spoke to you.  He seemed a bit embarrassed to say it.

"R-really? But that would cost a lot--"

"The man insists," Childe smugly interrupted.  "After all, you are the only girl on the team.  We should treat you every once in awhile."

"Uh, did you hit your head or something?  The Childe I know wouldn't say that."

"I'm just saying that we appreciate you," Childe rested his chin on his knuckles and leaned over the table.  "Isn't that right, Mr. Zhongli, Aether?"

"I couldn't have thought of anyone better to add to my team!"  Aether smiled.  Though it was genuine, you began to think something was off.  "You may not be as advanced in combat as we are, but no one could fill your shoes."

"I agree.  You fit well within the group," Zhongli nodded before sipping his tea.  "I would offer to pay for your meal, but it is as you know.  I lack mora."

Your eyes slid expectantly to Xiao.  Not that you wanted him to say something nice about you, but rather that he also notice the weirdness of the group's comments.  He crinkled his nose in disgust and stared at the cup of tea in front of him.  

"This is a waste of time."  Xiao glared at Childe, who still wore a smug smile on his face.

"Huh?"  

"Do not mind the yaksha. He understands humans the least of the group," Zhongli faced you once again. "Please, allow us to treat you in hopes that you'll feel well again."

"'Feel well again?'  What are you guys talking about?"

"Childe explained to us that you weren't feeling well today because of...well..." Aether trailed off.

"This strange 'shark week' expression of his," Zhongli finished.

"You-" You stared in shock at the Harbinger across the table.  

Took you long enough to catch on, Xiao inwardly rolled his eyes.  "I'm leaving for my meeting now."  He stood and was about to take his leave until he looked your way.  The shear amount of anger behind your eyes was enough to make him hesitate on leaving for the safety of Childe.  Not that he cared all too much for the Harbinger in the first place.

"Don't worry, it's nothing to be ashamed of." Childe smirked. "I have sisters at home that go through the same thing. Chocolate is a big fixer-upper, is it not?"

Your fists were shaking on your lap. A dangerous smile spread across your lips as you comprehended his words. "Like I said earlier, Tartaglia, I will impale you."

"I'd love to see you try."